The End

DaisyG

Feb 20, 2006
North West England
I haven't been on Talking Point for some time now.
We've been having our share of the same old issues and Alz problems.

Anyway, my husbands long rocky journey ended last Sunday when he died back in Intensive Care.
Almost an entire year ago we thought we were saying goodbye in the same ICU.
This time there was no hope of making a come-back.

The last 6 months had been the most difficult times for us both.
As usual we had little or no contact with the in-laws.
Some of you will know how difficult life has been with them.

So... Peace at last, and no more suffering.

Take Care
DaisyG

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Daisy,
I just wanted to pass my deepest sympathies to you for the loss of your husband. Take care. I was probably just joining TP when you last posted, so I don't know the background re: your in-laws, but thinking of you.
Snooky x

117katie

Dear DaisyG

I send you my sympathies, and my understanding.

Some of us - meaning, those of us who have been where you are now - know exactly how you are feeling. And it is horrid. Not to put too fine a point on it.

So my heart is with you, and I know you will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it ain't easy!

Take care,

Katie

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read that your husband passing away , always wondered how you both was getting on xx

Thank- you for sharing

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Daisy,

Both you and your husband have suffered so much, I can only say it`s a blessing for both of you that it`s all over now.

Please accept my deepest sympathy for your suffering. I hope I don`t offend you by saying you lost your husband a long time before he died.

I hope it`s not to late for you to regain your health and strength.

With love xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Daisy

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's death. For some reason you have been in my thoughts recently and I have been wondering how you are.

Take care of yourself.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Daisy, you kept coming into my thoughts a lot recently.

I am so sorry to read your news, what a journey this past year must have been, and so alone too. The dreaded inlaws were never going to get any better.

My sympathy to you now, and please look after yourself.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Daisy:

It is sad to hear your news but your husband is now at peace after a very difficult time for both of you.

Take care of yourself now and keep in touch.
Jan

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Daisy

I had also been wondering how you both were.

So sorry to hear about your husband.

You coped brilliantly in difficult circumstances.
Now your husband is at peace and I hope you can take some time to recuperate and think of yourself.

You deserve it

Love
Alfjess

sheilarees53

Apr 11, 2006
Beckenham Kent
Dear Daisy,

My thoughts are with you at this sad but inevitable time. I lost my mum 4 weeks ago so I know that even when the end is expected it still comes as a total shock when it is finally here.

Take some time now for you. Love and hugs Sheila

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Daisy,

It was indeed a long and rocky road for you. May you find comfort in knowing that the journey is over and your husband is at peace. Now it is time for you to take care of yourself. May you find a new road for yourself where, as the Irish blessing says, "the wind is always at your back".
Thinking of you.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Daisy,

I don't know you and am too recently joined to know of your story..
I have a niece called Daisy...

Just wanted to say...it must have been a long,hard journey for you both...your husband is at rest now ..and my thoughts and prayers are with you..

"Big Angels are with us in our great dismay...but little ones go in and out all day"

You'll be fine.....:)

Love Gigi xx

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Dear Daisy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. You have been through such a lot with so little support from those who should have been there to help. Thinking of you.

Love,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Some of you will know how difficult life has been with them.

So... Peace at last, and no more suffering.

Dear Daisy .... been absent myself for only a brief while but felt drawn tonight to revisit ..... and to see this news????

Well, I can only echo your thoughts of 'peace at last' ..... for both of you now I hope ..... you have been quite, quite remarkable, putting up with more in the this last couple of years than many might endure over a decade or more ..... how you have maintained your strength and resolve not to mention absolute loyalty.... and to have still had strength for others .....

My total admiration for you goes hand in hand with my sympathy for your loss,

Take good care of yourself - you are so deserving of it,

All my love, Karen, x

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Daisy

Its been a long hard journey for you both, and as you say, your husband is at peace now. You have been one very brave lady. My thoughts are with you.

Love
Cate xxx

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Dear Daisy,
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will take comfort in the knowledge that your husbands suffering is over and he is in good hands. Perhaps now you can rest and breath.
Take care,
Debbie

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Daisy

I know from your posts you've both had a really tough time. I hope you gain some comfort from knowing that your husband is now at peace and that your friends on TP are here for you.

Take care.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Daisy,

I am sorry to read of your husbands passing. He is at peace now free of all his suffering. Daisy, I truly hope that peaceful times are ahead for you. Take Care, Taffy.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear Daisy
so sorry to hear of your sad news,I lost my Peg seven months ago and I still miss her as much as ever today.
Nothing can compensate for the loss of a partner, and one has to have been there to understand.
But we have to be thankful that they are suffering no more,and that is some comfort.
Thinking of you
Best wishes
Norman