The end of Sue

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
Sue reached the end of her Alzheimer's on 17th May but I was totally unprepared for it to happen as no one had mentioned that Sue, still eating a drinking well though advanced in many other ways could in fact just reach the end.

Friday evening Sue was a bit agitated, on Saturday after a troubled night she slept in the morning but Saturday evening and night brought more agitation until early Sunday and then she just went deeper and deeper in to a sleep and at just after 4 in the afternoon stopped.

I am writing this just so that others can be aware that this can happen when, I at least, least expected it.

Paul

Paul, I am so sorry for your loss and so unexpected. I will be thinking of you as I am sure others will be too. Take care of yourself .

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
I'm sorry to read that you hadn't been able to prepare for your wife's(?) death. Wishing you strength in the future. Your advice provides yet another piece of information that enables those of us going through this to have some knowledge of what could happen.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry, Paul, please accept my sincere condolences. What a terrible shock for you; I had no idea this could happen and would like to thank you for sharing this with us at what must be a very difficult time.

MabbsDaughter

Apr 30, 2015
Surrey
Sue reached the end of her Alzheimer's on 17th May but I was totally unprepared for it to happen as no one had mentioned that Sue, still eating a drinking well though advanced in many other ways could in fact just reach the end.

Friday evening Sue was a bit agitated, on Saturday after a troubled night she slept in the morning but Saturday evening and night brought more agitation until early Sunday and then she just went deeper and deeper in to a sleep and at just after 4 in the afternoon stopped.

I am writing this just so that others can be aware that this can happen when, I at least, least expected it.
Paul

Oh that has made me cry, i'm so sorry for you, love and hugs being sent your way. x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
So sorry Paul. Yes, the journey through dementia follows many patterns, I hope you can come to terms with what has happened. Wishing you strength for the time ahead.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
So sorry to hear the shock of your sad news. My thoughts are with you - and prayers for the strength you will need to get you through the difficult times ahead.