The end is niegh

kindheart

Jan 18, 2007
dear all

thak you for all of your support, tonight I am just finishisng off second bottle of wine and am felling soo sad and alone. Mum has been rally difficult over the past few days i have had little sleep and am at my wits end.

i just hope I can find her a suitable placement in periment care soon foregive my spelliong and ramblings.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm sorry to hear that things are looking so bleak. I would say that I hope things look better in the morning, but, going from experience, I would say a hangover tends to make things look worse :eek: Never did learn by my mistakes though :D

I hope you do find a permanent placement for your mum soon. I know how difficult that can be. Just remember that there is always someone here for you.

Take care and hope you get some sleep tonight.

kindheart

Jan 18, 2007
thanks ben

finding ithard to typw correctly lol did to touch typeing but that relies on brain function tee hee

I just wish I was not soo damn soft and could care for mum further but this damn desease has betten me, i cant cope with the not sleeping and the incontenicet

all I do seems to be to bath mum and do washig

whoiops sorry guys feeling alittle sorry for myseld
f.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Kindheart,

Sounds as if things are getting too much for you. If you did decide on permanent care, it would give you so much more time and energy to be the daughter you are.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Kindheart

You must be feeling so low. I understand what a difficult decision it is, but if you have done all you can, you have done all you can.

Please ring SS and ask for an emergency assessment for yourself. Also ring your GP and tell him how you are feeling. I'm so worried about you.

Please don't ever feel you have to apologise for your posts. We're here to support you, and spelling automatically corrects itself on TP, just as keyboards become waterproof!:D

Please post again and let us know how you are. We really do care.

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Please ring SS and ask for an emergency assessment for yourself

Have you had a assessment on your mother and yourself Because I am thinking of respite for you , I can get like that and now know my limits , but my mother is not totally incontinent, so do you have respite organise with SW ?

Hope your feeling better this morning, beside hangover :D

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
Kindheart, how I feel for you. it is never wrong to accept that you can no longer cope with the needs of a dementia sufferer. I know I got to the stage where if Dad hadn't gone into an EMI home, i would have had a breakdown as I just couldn't cope any longer with the lack of sleep and all the other horrendous issues. You deserve and need a life of your own, kindheart, and some happiness and peace. Ask for help urgently and keep posting to let us know how thing are going. Have also sent you a private message.
Blue sea

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kindheart,

I hope you are feeling a bt better today.

It`s not for anyone to tell you what to do, but when you get in as low a state as you are, I think it`s time to take stock and ask yourself how long you can realistically continue caring for your mum.

What you are now doing is detrimental to your health and also, to the relationship you have with your mother.

Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455