The end is near

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I am so sorry to read that your mum has died dottyd. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

PollyP

Nov 1, 2013
Berkshire
Dotty, I've just read your thread and am so sorry. My own mother took a sudden downhill turn a couple of weeks ago and it's hit me very hard even though in many ways we 'lost' her several years ago. I guess you're not sure how you're going to react until it happens. Joining with many others in thinking of you in your loss.

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Dottyd so sorry I'm late with this, have only just looked at TP today.

I'm so sorry about your Mum but glad she didn't "linger" for too long.
Thinking about you and sending love to you xxx

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Thank you all so much for your support, kind words and good wishes.
I'm sure it has all helped me to stay on an even keel.
All the arrangements for the funeral service have been dealt with.
I just need to sort out flowers, music and my speech.
Didn't get out yesterday. I had the headache from hell. Feel a bit better today and the weather is appalling!
Hailstones and torrential rain.
I've got cabin fever.
Will have to make a run for it...only going into town. Nothing exciting.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
All over now.
The funeral was yesterday.
It's been completely full on.
Just over two weeks since I got back from holiday.
Mum was ill, deteriorated and then passed away, rushed around organising the funeral, relatives came from Wales for two nights, they left today.

It's been like a bad dream.

I just feel exhausted.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Dotty, get some rest, you have done your best and now you need to relax for a while. Anything that has to be done can be done in your own time now. Don't let others dictate your life, live it your way. Well done for going through the funeral and coming out the other side. It will be a sad time for a while, was for me anyway so pace yourself and get some of that "me time" you had to go without for so long.

Miss Merlot

Oct 15, 2012
I am very sorry for your loss as well Dotty - I hope the coming weeks and months are kind to you xxx

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
I've had the headache from hell. For two days a bad stomach and diarrhoea.
This I think is how my body reacts to stress.

On a bit more even keel but I just feel weird, numb. Neither happy nor sad.
A bit stuck really.
Like life is going on and I'm going through it like a robot.
I hope that makes sense.
I've barely cried but then I've cried so much over the last 6 years.
If I had to give an emotion ...I'd say robbed...which isn't an emotion...just how I feel.
Mum and I could have had 6 good years together.
I have an appointment at mind today. Been seeing her off and on over the summer because of stress. I'm sure mum's condition has been partly to blame.

The funeral went lovely. Again me in robotic mode, making sure everyone was looked after.
The music I chose was lovely. The reverend gave a lovely speech and so did I.

Again, I barely faltered. Does this seem a bit unnatural to you.

I appreciate every ones support. Thank you

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I think it's normal. Headaches, runny tum, robotic behaviour. Well o hope so because I'm like that too.

Mums funeral isn't until next week. I've no idea how I will be on that day

Just seen the solicitor to hand over all relevant paperwork. So that's done. My final responsibility to mum and her money

Just need to return poa's to opg for them to legally cancel them. I forgot all about notifying opg...

I'm at best plodding along, mostly I'm numb still

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Just need to return poa's to opg for them to legally cancel them. I forgot all about notifying opg...

Are you supposed to do this? I never did. I thought they were automatically cancelled on death so it didn't matter if they were returned or not?

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am sorry Dottyd for asking that question without acknowledging your loss and offering my sincere condolences. I think your reactions are entirely consistent with mine and many others. Please take it as easy as you can for as long as you can x

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
So sorry to read of your loss, dotty - sending much sympathy to you and yours xxxxx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R