the end is coming

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hello everyone well two weeks have passed since Gordon passed and we have his funeral coming up next Tuesday really not looking forward to this. I have been having panic attacks and the doctor just says its grief but I am pushing myself to go out dog walking I need to beat this. Anyway I am having a collection after the funeral for the Alzheimers Society anyone know how I can get it to them as the undertaker says he just seals the box and gives it me to send so any input would help please. I am doing ok just feel lonely sometimes and more so now Christmas is coming up guess I feel it more so just me and dogs this Christmas..

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry to hear of your loss. It is very difficult and the time between the passing and funeral is like being in limbo. This time of year adds to the sadness of it all. Be kind to yourself and don’t force yourself, grieving is important.

Regarding your donations, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on Alzheimer’s Society it will take you to a page that at the top right hand side has donate. Click on and it gives you all the information and the ability to donate on line.

My husband’s collection was donated to Alzheimer’s Siciety.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Elaine, it must be hard, waiting for the funeral next week. I don't wonder you are having a difficult time.

Just wanted to add that if you don't see the information you need about sending a collection to the Alzheimer's Society, then do ring their helpline tomorrow, as I'm sure they can guide you. Let me know if you need me to find and post the number, or any links, for you.

Grief is hard and unpredictable and you've had a hard road for a long time. Please do try to look after yourself as best you can, and be gentle with yourself.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hi I am doing ok heading into my 3rd week with out Gordon but facing his funeral tomorrow not looking forward to that but it's got to be done.
Everything is in place for him it's just me sorting out what I can claim for myself now I need some help I have put in for everything just waiting to hear from people which will be after the funeral.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Best wishes for tomorrow from me as well. It's a hard day but somehow you will get through it. Wishing you strength.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have just read your thread Elaine and what a hard time you have been through and are going through. The ultimate loss is a time of so many different emotions and at the same time dealing with the practical matters.

My sincere sympathy on the loss of your much loved husband. Wishing you strength for tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts.

Love
Loo xxx

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Many many thanks everyone the funeral went well from start to finish my Gordon got everything he wanted and I was glad I planned well.
It was not a sad day but a celebration of Gordon's life myself and my 3 son's have loads of fond memories we miss him so much and we realise we now need to move on.
I have some how got to build myself a new life not sure where to start or what to do at the moment but it's early days.
Today as not been a good day for me I think now I have sat back and just relaxed it's hit me everything is so final I feel lost I am sure this is normal I don't know just a slight panic attack today which passed by me doing breathing exercises hope these get better soon I don't like them.
I seem to be getting mail coming in now we need proof of this and proof of that as if I don't have enough to deal with still once out of the way I can think things over in my own time.

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Thinking of you Elaine. I'm still at the funeral planning stage for mum.
I'm glad you gave Gordon the funeral you would both want, it's a relief when it's over but then there is that gaping void that is the rest of your life.
Dad keeps telling me he is fine, but I do worry about how he will be after the funeral.
I hope you are feeling that you can face the world just a little today.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm glad the funeral went well, Elaine. Please be gentle on yourself and do what you want to, everything else can wait until you are ready. x

Malengwa, I hope your planning goes smoothly and you are able to organise all the things you want for your mum. x

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
I too am pleased the funeral went well. My mums is next Wednesday so I hope we all do her proud. I am in limbo at the moment as all the necessary arrangements have now been finalised. Going to be a very long week but will try and keep busy.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
So pleased for you Elaine that it all went well, and that you thought the happy memories.
It is hard though afterwards in those earliest of days. So much had gone into the planning, arrangements and not much time to sit and reflect.

Then after the funeral all the stuff arriving in the post to do this, do that, it can be overwhelming. All you want to do is have some peace and quiet to take in what has happened. That will come... at the moment all you can do is take each day as it comes and deal with what you can as you can.

Wishing you continuing strength - and keep writing, it can be an enormous help.

Also to @malengwa and @Scouts girl

Love
Loo xxx

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hello everyone really bad day just sat and cried something just set me off I don't even know what did it just the fact I sat and looked around the room and it felt empty, I felt so alone and frightened I am not sure what to do next. I don't want to plan my future with out Gordon he was my future he was my life how do I move on from this to do what.
Sorry I am all over the place I really thought I was on top of everything instead I am falling to bits my son's are trying to help me but they have their own pain all I can think about is I did do everything right for him I hope with the funeral.
My thoughts and love are with you Malengwa and Scouts girl it's going to be hard for you both but like Loo says it's good to keep writing and getting it out the system guess I will be writing for ever more.
It's been 3 weeks now since I last saw Gordon and it's so strange who would have thought from August to November he would be gone just like that. My Gordon was a twin to his brother they were identical so you could say I will always see Gordon in him but it breaks my heart to see him just for now it's too early for me.
Love to everyone that is going through pain after losing a loved one God Bless.
Elaine.

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Hello everyone well two weeks have passed since Gordon passed and we have his funeral coming up next Tuesday really not looking forward to this. I have been having panic attacks and the doctor just says its grief but I am pushing myself to go out dog walking I need to beat this. Anyway I am having a collection after the funeral for the Alzheimers Society anyone know how I can get it to them as the undertaker says he just seals the box and gives it me to send so any input would help please. I am doing ok just feel lonely sometimes and more so now Christmas is coming up guess I feel it more so just me and dogs this Christmas..
Thinking of you Elaine.
When my Dad passed away in August we had a collection box at the wake and returned it to the funeral directors and they dealt with it on our behalf and when the chosen charitable organisation received it and also whe the FD had sent it we received confirmation. Good luck and I will be thinking of you x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hello everyone really bad day just sat and cried something just set me off I don't even know what did it just the fact I sat and looked around the room and it felt empty, I felt so alone and frightened I am not sure what to do next. I don't want to plan my future with out Gordon he was my future he was my life how do I move on from this to do what.
Oh Elaine I do feel for you, and can empathise. It is how I felt at the time. Your words could have been mine.

It is too early to even begin think about moving on, or planning - you are in shock, full of grief, and do allow yourself to do that. It is not 'wrong' to just sit and cry. The empty feeling, the feeling of aloneness is part of the grieving.

Write what ever you feel, need to write, you will find a lot of understanding from everyone who has been through this. I truly do not know how I would have got through it without the caring support and wealth of understanding.

Take your time Elaine, one day - one hour - at a time, and keep on writing;

Thoughts and love
Loo xxx

JackyJ

Mar 19, 2013
Weston
Oh Elaine I really feel for you, but remember one step at a time. Please take care and look after yourself.

Big hugs

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
My thoughts are with you too Elaine. Let the tears flow as much as you want. It is much too early to think ahead. You are still in shock and just need to take each day as it comes. I am dreading next Wednesday and more so afterwards as it will all seem so final then. It is a long week and am trying to keep busy. Do keep writing down your feelings and thoughts, we are here for each other at this sad time. Bigs hugs xxxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar