the end is coming

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Well palliative care are now in my OH is now in a bed in the living room and at the moment I am on the settee things are moving fast and I am not sure now how long we have left. Last night was not very good he did not like the bed he wanted his chair so not much sleep for both of us but he's slept most of the day and I put him to bed at 4pm and he's still bang out just hope he's not up all night again. So going to put my head down for an hour now and do some catch up will up dat later.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear your news. Wishing you strength and hoping you both have a peaceful night.

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
Get some rest when you can Elaine and hope you have a more peaceful night. When we are sleep deprived we are so much more unable to cope with the struggle we encounter daily with this awful illness. I,too wish you strength during this difficult time. Thinking of you xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am thinking of you at this difficult time and hoping your OH is comfortable and pain free.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
A bit better night apart from him cutting his arm trying to get his watch off which I did not notice on his arm so blood everywhere had to change the bed and bandage his arm to stop bleeding district nurse coming sometime today but still rang in and reported it. Morphine as arrived and other medication from doctor needles and so on I am still happy with just having carer's in first thing to wash and dress him but with different people in and out it feels like Waterloo station and I cannot cope with it all hope that does not sound bad I do appreciate the help and care given I just want to be quiet sort my head out and just the two of us even if one is a sleep. He can not feed himself now the tremors have got really bad and I am finding it hard to hold him and deal with the wee part in a bottle he cannot help so may have a word with district nurse he's not eating and drinking well either so sad when you think about it you fight to come into the world and you fight to stay in it. Just doing some washing have loads get these jobs out the way then I can put my feet up ready for tonight I just keep busy while he sleeps. Thank you all of you for giving me the strength to carry on bless you all.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Just wanted to say we are thinking of you, Elaine, at this very difficult time. I hope you will be able to get some rest (much easier said than done, I'm sure.)

lambchop

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Elaine,

You have all our sympathies at such a difficult time. If your OH is showing distress, the district nurses can give him something to ease this. Are you able to sleep? I hope you are able to communicate with your OH in whatever way he is able to comprehend. You are doing amazing well, just being there.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hi everyone well my oh is now in a bed in the living room he can not walk anymore carers are coming in 3 times aday from tomorrow and district nurses all medication now here on stand by. Doctor and heart nurses in and out plus St Lukes nurses so a great amount of support but I just wish they would all stop throwing information at me I cannot take it all in and process it I am not in the right frame of mind not had sleep in 2 days as he is shouting all the time. Giving him more morphine now to settle him down in the night as he wants to get up all the time. I had to ring my son tonight to just come and let me go to bet for an hour it was so nice to get in bed and just forget everything I have been sleeping on the settee for 2 weeks now it is comfortable but you cannot beat your bed. Managed to get out yesterday for 4 hours while my son dad sat and my other son as just said he will stay over Friday night so I can go to bed and have a good sleep. I am feeling ill now and starting to fall over I keep catching hot food here and there between it all but this could go on weeks as nobody knows. Will have to go he needs his medication then hopefully some sleep time could be a quiet night hes been sleepy all day.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hello everyone it's with great sadness I have to say my OH passed away last Thursday afternoon with my self and 2 son's with him he passed away peacefully in his sleep at home I did every wish he wanted and saw it through to the end. I feel at peace with myself and I feel I can move on from this no crying, no anger and no guilt just a warmth and love for a man that gave me the world. Thank you for all you support I never would have got through this illness with out you all.

Clare bear

Nov 25, 2017
Newport south Wales
Well palliative care are now in my OH is now in a bed in the living room and at the moment I am on the settee things are moving fast and I am not sure now how long we have left. Last night was not very good he did not like the bed he wanted his chair so not much sleep for both of us but he's slept most of the day and I put him to bed at 4pm and he's still bang out just hope he's not up all night again. So going to put my head down for an hour now and do some catch up will up dat later.
My thoughts are with you, I hope you have support xx