The end has come

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi everyone
My dear mum slipped quietly and peacefully away at 10pm
It all happened so fast......
This morning she still had the strength to kick the sister, this afternoon she was struggling to breathe, this evening she gave up the fight ....
I was with her to the end
I hugged her
I kissed her
i told her I loved her
As she took her last breath I begged her to stay........
i don't know how i feel at the moment.......
Except my heart aches...
Love Wendy xx

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
dear mel

im so very very sorry, words fail me at this time just to let you know im thinking of you
god bless
donna xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Wendy, My heart aches for you.
You have been a wonderful daughter and were there for your mother as long as she needed you. You could have done no more.
I`m so sorry. Love Sylvia xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
So so sorry............she's not suffering anymore honey................you know you couldn't have gone on seeing that..............yes, your hurting............but she's not anymore, try to take comfort in that................it will get easier honey.

Lots of love and hugs
Alex x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wendy, from what I know of your mum through you there's no way she gave up the fight - just chose to approach the battle a different way .....

With all my love, Karen, x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Wendy,

words can't really make a difference at this time but I want you to know that you are in all our thoughts

Love

Jennifer

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Wendy love I am so very very sorry.

No words of comfort seem adequate, just know I'm truly thinking of you and sending hugs.

You have been a fantastic daughter through it all, mum loves you very much.

Here when you are ready honey.

Much love

Cate xxxx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I am so sorry Wendy - you did not want to see mum in pain, nor she you - I think you knew in your heart that it might be tonight, that's why you went back. You were there, you spent that time with her.
Wendy you have cared so hard, been prepared to sacrifice so much - mum's struggle is over now, I pray that you can find some peace in yourself.
Thinking of you.
Much love, Helen

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
I'm so, so sorry Wendy. Something my sister keeps saying now is "we've got plenty of time". There is no rush - take that time and be kind to yourself - your Mum and my Dad would both want that for us. Thinking of you with love, Hazel.

Tina

May 19, 2006
Wendy, I'm so, so sorry...everything I could say is going to sound trite. Take comfort from the fact that you were there, that she knew you were there, that you loved and cared until the end and that she is now at peace. I know it's painful...be good to yourself and know you have friends around for support.
Thinking of you.
Love, Tina xx

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
So sorry Wendy but remember your Mum will now always stay with you - in your heart. Maybe thats why it feels like real physical pain inside - just making space.

Stay strong
love Kriss
x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
My dear dear friends ....thank you so much
I know the time was right
but God! How it hurts!
Love Wendy xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
mel said:
but God! How it hurts!

Wendy, love, of course it hurts, and will for a long time. But your Mum is at peace now, and you didn't want her to suffer any more.

You've been such a good daughter, your Mum would want you to take care of yourself now.

Love and hugs,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7