the effort of remembering

stillcaring

Sep 4, 2011
Haven't been on here for a while - Mum had cataract op 2 1/2 weeks ago and since then it's been eye drops 4x per day except the days I work when the DNs have been doing the first 2 visits. In the middle of it all the central heating packed up so I was doing extra visits to sort out the gas fire - one day she turned it off, fell asleep and woke up convinced she'd was ill and had a temperature when I suspect she had mild hypothermia.

Anyway I've just realised I've still got to do one more eye drop visit and I so nearly forgot. Sometimes the strain of remembering for 2 households is so overwhelming! Better go..... Don't know why I wrote this really but just felt the need to offload to others who probably have adequate memories when it's just their own families and jobs they have to remember for, but nearly can't cope with the extra that caring brings.

We're off to the hosp for the post op check tomorrow. My mum says her eye is still worse but I don't know if that's true or just because she's remembering back to the pre-cataract days. All will be revealed tomorrow.

steffie60

Jan 22, 2013
Hampshire
Haven't been on here for a while - Mum had cataract op 2 1/2 weeks ago and since then it's been eye drops 4x per day except the days I work when the DNs have been doing the first 2 visits. In the middle of it all the central heating packed up so I was doing extra visits to sort out the gas fire - one day she turned it off, fell asleep and woke up convinced she'd was ill and had a temperature when I suspect she had mild hypothermia.

Anyway I've just realised I've still got to do one more eye drop visit and I so nearly forgot. Sometimes the strain of remembering for 2 households is so overwhelming! Better go..... Don't know why I wrote this really but just felt the need to offload to others who probably have adequate memories when it's just their own families and jobs they have to remember for, but nearly can't cope with the extra that caring brings.

We're off to the hosp for the post op check tomorrow. My mum says her eye is still worse but I don't know if that's true or just because she's remembering back to the pre-cataract days. All will be revealed tomorrow.

My Mum has wet AMD for which we are truly grateful as the dry cannot be treated. I try very hard to put her drops in 4Xa day for dry eyes I do not always manage this and my mum lives with me. Sometimes a day will just overtake us and the drops only went in 3 times or maybe 5 times.

I hope the cataract treatment has gone well for your Mum. I remember when Mum had hers done she noticed flashing colours until the eyes settled down. This particular treatment seems to be particularly beneficial for the vast majority which is such good news I hope it will be the same for your mum.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan