The dreaded telephone ringing !!!

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Christine,
I am glad that you enjoyed your break away with family, you sure deserved it.

Sorry, to hear about Peter and the distress this is causing you.

I know it is so hard to have to just stand by and watch things spinning out of control and at the same time knowing that there isn't anything you can do about it.

Caring Thoughts
Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Christine,

I so pleased the holiday was a success for you, quality time, quality food, quality company. There`s nothing wrong with being `chatted up`it just reminds you you are still in a `normal `world.

And then back to your dear husband, with his disturbed behaviour, but a chink of recognition, so sad.

It`s trying to get a balance.

Take care

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Christine, I'm glad you had such a great holiday, you deserved it. It's amazing how being 'chatted up' makes you feel alive again, isn't it?

I'm sorry Peter is being difficult. I'm finding visiting quite hard too at the moment. Some days John just wants to sleep, like Peter. Other days he's quite stroppy. But then he has a good day, and he's almost back to normal, and somehow that's worse, because iI feel guilty.

Anyway, we try to keep positive. Start planning your next holiday, give yourself something to look forward to.

Love,

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Christine
So pleased you a such a good time on your holiday and so pleased you have such a good family who wanted you to go with them.
I am sorry Peter is not so well but glad that somewhere in his mind he knew your name.
I hope things continue to go well for you and your son and that you have many more breaks together.
As for me and my husband he is on a downward turn at the moment, the worst thing is that he knows it and is getting very down about it, but at least he is still with me.
I wish you well take care
Roseann

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Thank you all for the messages

I really do thank you all for your lovely messages. To-day, one week of getting back, the house cannot call it a home anymore is awful and I have been crying on and off all day. I suppose because of my two weeks away and having such fun and coming back to the hell of A.D. the helplessness I feel regarding Peter. i sent my son and daughter in law, Grandson and his fiance a thank you card and when I got back from the N.H. there was a lovely message from Lisa (d.i.l.) thanking me for going. They want to do the same next year as Grandson who couldn't come due to him being a soldier and he is off to Iraq. So like the rest of you it is the Christmas that we all have to deal with. My stars said, I would have a win on the lottery. I won £5. Even if it a been a fourtune it would not give us back our loved ones. Sorry if I sound fed up but with T.P. we all know what it is like and even with a close family there are things we do not tell them. D.I.L. sent me a lovely photo of Keith (Grandson) and I on the back of the boat deep in conversation and what did I do ? Cried my heart out. O.K. I think I have depressed you all enough so have found a joke. I think I deserve to make you smile.
Paddy went to a riding stable and hired a horse, "Hold on for a moment," said the assistant as he helped him onto the horse, "aren't you putting that saddle on backwards?"
Paddy answered "You don't even know which way I want to go."
God bless everyone. Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Christine, bless you for your joke.:D Very apt, do any of us know which way we're going?

I'm not surprised you cry, I cried too when I got home today. John's cousin and her huisband had come to take me to lunch, hen visit John. The lunch was lovely, but Jhn was in a very grumpy mood. He hadn't let them shave him, so I tried, and he wouldn't let me either. In fact he stopped me quite forcibly. Then he told us to go, because he wanted to sleep!

Well, at least they've seen how he can be.

Start planning next year's holiday, Christine. You have a lovely family, and you're so lucky in that.

Love,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Hazel,
I am sorry to hear that John was not 100% to-day. When we visit that little glimmer of recognition means so much. Peter is having days - no shaving, not wearing slipper, socks. But as long as he is clean and not getting stressed out, I don't want him to have another mild stroke. I know when I see Peter and he is not 100%, although we want to help our loved ones, that is what the proffessionals are there for.
Take Care of your self. To-morow will be a new day. Only wish I was allowed to drink alchol but unfortunately not, otherwise I would be sitting he with a strong drink and not tea.
Take care. Christine

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger