The Dreaded Call

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you all know, I got the dreaded call this morning. Even though I knew it was going to come it was such a shock.

A wonderfull stong lady took her last breath at 11.25am this morning. Most of the family where round her, we all held hands in a big circle around the bed as she went.

I don't know what else to say but it hurts so much. On the way out of the hospital we bumped into my Nanna's brother on his way in on a visit. We had tryed to phone him with the news but got no reply. This was because he was on his way to visit. He took one look at us all and fell against the wall asking us when. He could obviously tell by the look on our faces. He went to see my Nanna with my mum and uncle and was gald that he went even though he was late.

She has now left us to join the rest of the family who have already passed.

Thank you all for being here over the short time I'v been a member of TP, you are all great and I wish you all the best in the world.

Take Care
Clare:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Clare, Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences. Don`t forget TP is still here for you as long as you need it.

Take care
love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Clare, I'm so sorry to hear that your nanna has passed on. She is free form pain now, and at peace.

It was lovely that all the family was able to be present, I'm sure your nanna would know that you were with her, and it will be a comfort to you all.

Please don't feel you have to leave us, you're one of the family now. Post whenever you want to talk.

Love and hugs,

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Clare,

So sorry to hear your news. But so glad that the family were there to share the passing.

Oh how I wish the same had happened with my dad, who died of cancer. We got a phone call at 10 a.m. in the morning to say he was distressed and shouting for my mum, but not to worry there was no panic. We weren't planning to visit till 2 p.m. But something at the back of my mind said we should go at once, so we did. We were too late. I arrived to collect my mum at 10.15 and the phone rang to say he had died at 10.10. Nothing we could have done of course, but how I regret not being there, holding his hand.

In your distress, remember that you were there at the most important time of your Nanna's life.

Much love

Margaret

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Clare,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I was so touched that you expressed your loss in such a poignant way .......

clarethebear said:
She has now left us to join the rest of the family who have already passed.

Whilst that is full of sadness for those you have already lost, there is some great comfort for you there, I hope, too.

Take care, love, Karen, x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Clare,

I am sorry to read of your sad loss your nanna will be free from all her suffering now, and at peace. Caring Thoughts Taffy.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Clare,
I hope you can now remember the better times and take comfort from those memories. So sorry to hear of your Nanna's passing but glad to know you were all there with her. Take care of yourself now. Loving thoughts coming to you.