The Dimming of the Light single

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I agree, Karen. Very moving song.

I'm not into MP3s either, but would like a copy.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks for your post - yes I have just listened to it - brilliant.
I hope everyone buys one but as you said it would be good to hear about CD's but hopefully I will download through iTunes.

Beckyjan

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Hi all,

I'm told that the song isn't available as a CD at this stage, but you can listen to the full version at Damian Morgan and Mike Doyle's Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/damianmorgan

The song should start playing immediately, if not, there's a play button on the top right of the page.

Tash

Alzheimer's Society

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks for that Tash - but I'm afraid your reply is rather what I feared.

Damian and Mike, with the combination of their talents and personal experience, have really made something extraordinarily special - and yet I note tonight the link has even been dropped from the AS Home Page ....

Surely AS should be helping make the market for what they declared 'their first charity single' much more widespread than to an audience of people who might just download from music sites .... or even access AS/TP or anything else online?

I think this is such a gem of an opportunity not to be more actively promoted .....

I ADORE the song ..... but at the end of the day we are able to listen to it for nothing .... I thought the whole purpose was to raise money??????? If AS can't make it available to buy ...... ????? I hope someone will be along to prove otherwise ......

Damian and Mike, if you read this - I just cannot praise you highly enough for your talent and your selflessness. ......

Stunning stuff ... it deserves to raise a small fortune ......

Love, Karen, x

Damian

Jun 27, 2007
Cheshire UK
The Dimming Of The Light

hello all
I am one half of 'Damian Morgan & Mike Doyle', and Sarah at the AS has alerted me to the discussion here. Firstly, I have to say how heartened (and moved!) we are by your comments. It means so much that the song has 'hit the spot'...it's meant to be emotional and touching, it's from the heart, and about a real person. There is a video for the song (with actress Helen Hamilton, widow of an alzheimer's sufferer, playing my 'mum') which can be seen in various places on the net, but the best copy is here (copy and paste the link into your browser)
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1184404297&channel=1137862388

As for cds...well, we did have a number pressed up which went out to radio stations and the like, and they're all gone. The song is the final track on our album 'Saturation Point', which is available on cd at £10. What I've decided to do is offer the album to members of this forum for £5 + postage, and I'll donate half of that to AS. Get in touch directly on my email damian@damianmorgan.co.uk and I'll tell you how.

People have been asking how much the song has raised so far, but we don't know yet. It's going to take months for the figures to come in from the 40 or so download stores it's gone to. What I do know is that the song has been played at support groups and charity events and gone down very well, and doing what I personally hoped it would do: articulate the feelings of loss we experience as our loved ones dementia worsens.

Again, thanks for your support and praise...it's made our day to read the comments above!

Damian (and Mike) xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Brilliant Damian (and Mike) - so pleased to see your post!!!!!

Your first 'order' is on its way!!!!

Intrigued by the album title ..... methinks a few carers will identify with that!!!!!!

Aside from anything else, it's a beautiful tribute to your mum ...... how lovely to be able to create something so special out of such heartbreak ......

Much love, Karen, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Damian (and Mike), thank you for that. The video is perfect, so moving combined with the words. That blank look is something the actress obviously knows well, and something I'm having to become accustomed to.

I'll be ordering your CD too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6