The cold is getting to be a nightmare.

angiebails

Oct 8, 2009
crewe
Well one year on and he is still cold but I have cured the heating problem by putting an oil filled radiator in our lounge which then heats this room to a higher temperature to the rest of the house as last year one bill for gas was £700 as the thermostat was constantly being put higher. As it is also one year on he doesn't remember what a thermostat is. And now I have to dress him I can layer him up. Amazing what a year does.
I walk around in shorts and tshirt and my neighbours think I have gone mad.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Have you thought of trying a Snug rug? They are not heated but it is like a very big blanket but it has arms in, would need to be taken off tho when he moves as it is very long (all the better to wrap all your body in)

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Both Mum and my fiance feel the cold and love nothing better than being sat in front of my large wood burner which provides hot water and central heating to my cottage. It's fuelled by free logs as my fiance does a lot of tree work which is great as that means I don't have any fuel bills. However I'm always hot and it's an unbearable 75'degrees throughout the house but 85 in the lounge and they gang up on me and say there must be something wrong with me as I'm always sweating!!! Sometimes I have to go outside in the garden just to get some cool air. Even the dogs find it too hot at times.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Both Mum and my fiance feel the cold and love nothing better than being sat in front of my large wood burner which provides hot water and central heating to my cottage. It's fuelled by free logs as my fiance does a lot of tree work which is great as that means I don't have any fuel bills. However I'm always hot and it's an unbearable 75'degrees throughout the house but 85 in the lounge and they gang up on me and say there must be something wrong with me as I'm always sweating!!! Sometimes I have to go outside in the garden just to get some cool air. Even the dogs find it too hot at times.

Sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

angiebails

Oct 8, 2009
crewe
We have a snug rug but it's not often he will let me put it on him. He thinks it makes him look old. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Greenlightsal

Sep 10, 2013
I was just about to post a question about Alzheimer's sufferers feeling the cold and have found the answer in this thread, thank you! My husband has always wanted the house slightly warmer than me, but since getting Alzheimer's, he has increasingly felt the cold and the last year, in fact weeks, has got a lot worse. I prefer to feel cooler and can't stand the heat, so it's a bit of a nightmare, but we have an electric blanket on our bed that has two separate controls for each side, so he can be snuggly warm and I can be cooler. I find it really hard and am not sure whether it's a comfort, or depressing that others are in this situation!