The Cat didnt work out!

MGB

Jun 26, 2008
Shrewsbury
The EMI care home mum went to took in her cat too. They have been so good about it keeping her in mums room for a while. They started taking the cat down stairs after a while and millie (the cat) was happy to sit on anyones lap. Problem was mum didnt like it and snatched her away and took her back up to her room. Shes also still packing her things up and would chuck the food out if put down and pack the bowls away too. They tried to find a new home for millie but couldnt. I went today and they said sorry but it will be cats protection now for her. Well i said no its ok ill take her (not a happy husband!) We have 2 dogs 2 rats and a siamese cat here who did live with other cats before. She is now under the bed in my sons bedroom who was so happy she is with us and not going anywhere else. Oh and me and the cleaner getting all the cat things out of mums room was a scream. Mum didnt see and was in for lunch when i took millie and fled with her. They are sure mum will soon forget she was there and i may try and find a cuddly black and white cat toy for her now.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Rach, I'm so glad you couldn't give Millie to the Cats Protection league although it sounds as if you already have enough livestock!

I hope your mum doesn't miss Millie too much but at least you can say hand on heart that she is safe and well cared for, if your mum asks.

Good luck with the addition to the family

Vonny xx

MGB

Jun 26, 2008
Shrewsbury
Well millie is eating well here and had a nice cuddle and purr off her this morning. Phoned the care home and mums not said anything about her at all.

debbiea

May 22, 2006
I'm a volunteer home checker for Cats Protection and they would have found her a good home if you couldn't have taken her (but I'm so pleased you did). It is always upsetting for a cat having to go to a strange home. She has already been taken from your mum and this will have upset the cat. She'll miss your mum even if your mum doesn't miss her. If things don't work out, don't send her to the RSPCA and they will put her to sleep if she's not homed after a certain time.

MGB

Jun 26, 2008
Shrewsbury
Hmm no RSPCA wont get her have local cat rescue places around here if it dont work but i think shes doing very well for a cat that lived for years with someone with alzheimers then gone to a care home with more of them there. The staff did love her though and shes back looking like a well fed cat again. I will try her down with the dogs and the siamese at the weekend. Im sure it will be fine my dogs have allways lived with cats. Told the home to say millie is with aaron for a while at the moment if she asks. She doesnt know my name now im sure but she still knows her grandsons name on good days.