the best sheets to use for bed wetting?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
someone said the public nurse can give us kiley sheets I think she called them but I read on here before abotu sheets that drag the urine to the end so the person isnt lying in it?Anybody know the name of those or if they are any good?

thanks

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've never heard of the ones that drag urine to the end. Kylie sheets are very good. Top tip: They can be boil washed, but make sure you don't use fabric softener, or one of those "2 in 1" detergents that contain softener. The fabric softener makes the sheets repel liquid, rather than absorb it, so the urine would just sit in a puddle on top of the sheet, and run off onto the bed, when you move the sheet!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I've never heard of a continence sheet that does that. I have googled quickly and haven't found anything of that description.

I found the absorbant/washable ones to be good and keeping mum relatively dry overnight

1582015526549.png

Age UK shop sells them amongst others

Sorry I'm not ,mucch help

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
You need to constantly adapt once incontinence begins. A good waterproof mattress protector is vital, one that protects the sides of the mattress as well as the top as often the sides get wet as the person tries to get out of bed. Then a sheet topped with a kylie sheet. I kept three so that as I whipped one off the bed there was always a clean dry one. Use Attendance Allowance to help pay for them. Don’t settle for a cheap version - get the original. If you’re putting a single one on a double bed then turn it lengthwise with one wing under the pillow. With men you may need a pillow protector too as they often pee upwards. Use incontinence pads or pull-ups. I did try plastic pants on top but that didn’t work so don’t waste your money.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I've never heard of the ones that drag urine to the end. Kylie sheets are very good. Top tip: They can be boil washed, but make sure you don't use fabric softener, or one of those "2 in 1" detergents that contain softener. The fabric softener makes the sheets repel liquid, rather than absorb it, so the urine would just sit in a puddle on top of the sheet, and run off onto the bed, when you move the sheet!

Thats a good point @LadyA -don't use fabric conditioner it really does make the sheets repel water which you don't want

Hazara8

Apr 6, 2015
I found INCONTINENCE CHOICE very helpful.