The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
He rightfully earns his name does lovely man, more concerned about others . That was sad about baby girl , she will get there once normal life resumes and you can see her more frequently, glad youngest made up for it . Hmm yes indeed , I need to practice my supervising role ? Take care .

Havemercy

Oct 8, 2012
How are you keeping?
I'm ok thanks. Had to retire from my nursing role as shielded due to underlying health issues and it was just too risky to work in a large district hospital. Missing all the patients and my colleagues. Take care and look after yourself. This all will pass and looking forward to that, as we all are.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
He sure does @Woo2 Very sick last week & cancelled all visits. I didn’t get the message & arrived for rota’d visit ... he was freaking out .. telling me to keep my distance, that he didn’t want to give it to me, really worried he had C-19 & might give it to me. Thankfully he tested negative. Can’t wait to see him again.

Baby Girl will have to get to know me again. I think it’s so sad as I’d hoped last year would be my year to build a relationship with the girl youngest has fallen in love with, but I barely know.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm ok thanks. Had to retire from my nursing role as shielded due to underlying health issues and it was just too risky to work in a large district hospital. Missing all the patients and my colleagues. Take care and look after yourself. This all will pass and looking forward to that, as we all are.
I try to pretend I’m fine, try not to think about it, but the truth is my brother & youngest are high risk. My own health isn’t exactly great, but I’m obsessive about wearing my PPE, changing clothes after every shift, hand & face washing. I don't just socially distance, I moan at anyone that won’t give me space. I’ve been known to swing a trolley around or swing my arms around demanding space.
I look forward to the day we can once again speculate on meet ups.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
There is time , you will build those relationships with youngest’s special people , baby girl will soon get comfortable with you , before you know it you will have big cuddles and be able to play a bigger part in her life , it will come , not soon enough i know but it will @Sam Luvit . ? ? Pooch will love the extra attention from Baby girl . Glad lovely man is negative and you can get back there .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I know @Woo2 , but it’s pretty frustrating getting there. I am looking forward to the day I can plan visits

Pooch is still loving all the extra attention and spends lots of time curled up with me

Lovely man is doing ok, although as with most, is feeling pretty down with the restrictions.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Good to hear you are providing pooch with plenty of love and affection and your undivided attention ? ?
Good to hear lovely man doing ok of sorts .
Take care of yourself .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s kind of difficult wanting to talk about stuff that’s going on, but just know it will be against a rule somewhere.
As a complete change of tack .... does anyone know about Bi polar? I “know” it’s about manic ups & downs, controlled by meds (usually lithium), but I don’t know much else.
Is aggression common, or is that likely to be something else entirely?
Is it better to try to calm, or to firmly state the aggression is not acceptable?
Any links to “reputable’ source wouId be great

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire

I hope this is useful @Sam Luvit . I know very little about bipolar disorder but had a quick look through the NHS website and violence and aggression were mentioned. How are you doing?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
See if any of these sites are helpful, the third is USA based.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@Sam Luvit - my Mum had Bipolar disorder. I dont remember any violence or aggression, just a few highs and very severe lows. The issue can often be whether medication is being taken. Mummy often did not see why she needed it until she would have a low so severe that she needed to be sectioned. Once she started and maintained her lithium therapy, things did improve.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Mind is a really good site too , I don’t know how to add a link sorry .

Here’s the link -

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Woo2
To display a link as @Izzy has done you need to put the URL of the site in your post

The URL is what is displayed on your browser when you are viewing a site.
I n the case of Mind it will be
either
Code:
https://www.mind.org.uk/
or
Code:
mind.org.uk/
both will work if cut and pasted although if typing in manually only the first will work.
I've written them as code else they would appear in this post as