The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m recovered from Pooch and his cone of shame. Five nights of him walking up the bed, ramming me with his cone then walking back down and lying on my legs ... about five or six times a night. Little rascal @Bikerbeth

We are presently being battered by the “latest“ storm. I looked earlier and it said gusts of 50mph. I think they were being optimistic... it feels much stronger.

I’m going to brave the elements and hope to get back with one of us at each end of the lead ....wish me luck :eek:

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Good job that boy is so damn cute eh !
The cone off and healed now ?
I went out last night with pooch , her ears were blown inside out and she was more than happy with a quick walk and return home promptly to the sofa . It seems stronger than 50mph I agree . Hope everyone comes out the other side ok and with no damage ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
He is not that cute looking right now @Woo2. Some people suit baldness ... Pooch is supposed to be fluffy ...

Yes, the cone is off now. One side has healed well, but the deeper side is still scabbed in places, but it’s “getting there”

Pooch is inquisitive (nosey) and wanted to investigate the fallen leaves, branches and other debris. Scampering about having a good sniff at it all. I was the one with hair whipping around ?

I think I’ll go for a lazy day today ....

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Just wondering how it is all going for you. How your brother is doing? How work is going? If you have seen your grandchild again and how Pooch is doing too

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Bikerbeth

TBH, life has been pretty manic. I do keep trying to say “no” to extra shifts ... but I’m useless at it :rolleyes: I finally asked to reduce down to five days a week, had to wait a month for that to kick in:eek:

First week I should have reduced my hours ... I ended up covering the shift I had tried to drop. I think I’m doing more hours now than I was before, just over less days.

Big brother is back doing some work. He’s relieved that his biggest client is being very supportive. They want him to continue working for them. It’s a big boost to his confidence Unfortunately the virus situation means he’s not got the volume he used to have, so here I am covering his mortgage and helping out with shopping and occasional pocket money. Pity his wife doesn’t seem to feel the need to put her hand in her pocket. I’m lost for words at her attitude. How can anyone think it’s ok for me to work extra shifts to provide a roof over her ungrateful head?

Ive not seen the grandchildren. Baby girl is growing up without knowing who I am ? However hard that is, I know it’s necessary to keep the family safe

Pooch is doing ok. So long as he gets plenty of attention, lots of walks and treats, he’s happy. The scar is more or less healed and his fur is slowly growing back. He will look cute again one day ... ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I have been thinking about you all, just no time to myself @DianeW

All I seem to do is back off from people who can’t or won’t social distance. I needed to take some time and figure a way to deal with it all

So ... I’ve given up the dream of traveling around and seeing friends ... blooming virus has changed so much. I’ve taken the plunge and bought a place local to where I’ve been living. Not my ideal location, but I know the area, I have a job and I have friends here

I'm going to try to reduce my hours at work, take some time for me. Who knows, I might even take a holiday and spend it walking Pooch :) ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Not given up the idea just postponed it for now hopefully ? Pooch is still cute ?.

No words about SIL that are printable .

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Good to hear from you again, @Sam Luvit
The virus has put paid to many plans. Im just hunkering down and surviving at the moment. Eventually we will all emerge again and can pick up our dreams.
xxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Sam! There are some lovely walks up here which I’m sure Pooch would adore - you too! I can’t do them at the moment, struggle to walk from living room to front door!!
Sorry you are working all hours. Agree with @Woo2 about sil. What kind of ‘person’ is she? No, don’t bother to answer that!

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Oh that’s nice that you have found somewhere to buy......tell us more, not that I’m in any way shape or form Nosey?

Yes it’s sad that you can’t see the baby and your Son, also unbelievable that your brother is still putting up with his partner and her selfish ways!!!

It’s hard when they are struggling to cover shifts but you need to care for yourself too and poochy poo x

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Glad to hear things are OK but sorry about all the extra work. That's very good of you to help your brother out financially but you should be getting some benefit from all the work you've been doing. I hope you are able to give yourself some rewards to compensate. You must be feeling exhausted. Why not reduce your hours drastically in the knowledge that they'll probably add some on anyway?

I think we're all a bit in the doldrums at the moment due to the length of time this thing has been going on. I imagine you have avoided any hint of a sniffle so far - are your clients OK too?

Like @DianeW I am nosy too and would love to hear about your new dwelling. Is there room for the caravan as well?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Not good but glad that it was work keeping you busy if you see what I mean. I hope you manage to get the work/life balance aligned better soon. Are you still working for the original agency or did you go to the ‘new’ one.
I am another one that does not understand your SIL. I am glad though that your brother’s biggest client has remained supportive of him. It must be doubly difficult in these times.
It is sad that you have not been able to see the baby girl and obviously there is the need to keep everyone safe. I hope you are getting lots of photos and maybe managing ‘something’ on line so that you can see them. I don’t think your internet access was brilliant in poppet, so like the others I admit to being nosey. Did you find a place to ‘do up a bit’.

finally pleased to hear that Pooch is happy and I bet he is cute even with scar.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Good to see you here sam. With one thing and another I haven't posted much.

Like others would love to hear about your house. Have you got space for poppet? I'm glad you are in a house for winter.

I hope you get to see baby girl soon. This isn't going to go on forever but it seems like it at the moment.

Don't work too hard. They'll find someone to cover the calls if you say no.

As for your SIL no words.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve taken a side step on the original travel about in Poppet idea, @Woo2 . I fell in love with the “living in a field” way of life. It’s just so relaxed. Strong community feel, with a feeling of being safe.

I’ve talked with a few people who have lived the “park” life and had a look at a few. I started off looking near youngest, but finally my head took the lead and I looked closer to where I am now. I found a park, that’s more like living in a wood than the more regimented look of many. I can fence in my garden area, so keep Pooch safe.

I looked at static caravans, I even found one that I could update and was offered a reasonable plot. Not perfect. Not ideal. However, more room than I had in Poppet and it felt like a reasonable option.

Pure fluke. I found a lodge listed as a private sale. The price was definitely right. However, I couldn’t get any response from the agent, but friends who knew the area took me on a hunting mission and we found the lodge. Very cheekily, we knocked on the door and persuaded them to let me have a peek. I went back the next day with big brother and made an offer, which they accepted

I moved in last week ? It’s been interesting moving out of Poppet, I worked five days of the week I moved ... but I’m in ;)

Pooch is settling in

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I knew it would be a good option for you when I mentioned it in earlier posts......I love living on a park site, not in a lodge but we are in an apartment (only apartment that’s above site office), so no direct neighbour.... but the community feeling is so lovely and people really friendly....pooch will love it.

Some of my neighbours have been here 20 years and it’s so safe, we have a woodland walk and it’s just perfect.

I’m so pleased for you X

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso