The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I hope it all goes well next week, and the lampshade is tolerated.

I hope the prognosis is good.
He was a x%£& last time he had a lampshade. My shins were bruised to blazes. He rammed me at every opportunity to try to get me to take it off

It doesn’t bother him, no pain, no itching etc, it’s just growing so fast ... literally doubled over lockdown. Couldn’t get him in anywhere as not “life threatening”. Not sure that’s really true now, but I could only wait for the vets to agree to see him

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
If you are with him , you could take the lampshade off , I did this , as I watched her .

My old dog loved his kennel that husband had built him, he tried to get in with lampshade , obviously couldn’t and never set foot in it again !

i bet he really isn’t enjoying all the fuss and belly rubs;). Good luck , hope it all goes ok .?? for you both .

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I used a doughnut instead of a cone for Taz,
20200714_174301.jpg

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I will take the “cone of shame” off when I can, bless him, he acts like I’m punishing him when he has to wear one.

It’s the only time he is “naughty”. He bangs it on table legs, my shin, head butts pavements, tries squeezing backwards between gaps to pull it off ... he will try anything to get it off / persuade me to take it off. I was black n blue last time @Woo2 ?

You are right. He is just hating the fuss he’s getting. Presently curled up by me and snoring :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sounds painful @Sam Luvit , would def be taking it off when possible . Hope it all goes ok.
It was very painful the last time I used it (when he first got the cut) ... trust me ... I will be taking it off whenever possible to protect myself

The days are dragging white I wait fir the Op date ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I think I might be a little distracted ....I know I’m more that a little stressed This C19 is really getting to me. Or, to be more accurate, the attitude of some people (too many) is winding me up

I wrestled with my conscience this week ... I hate “telling tales”, but I felt I had to. I asked three times at the first call (ignored) .. then twice at the second call (ignored) .. then talked calmly (far calmer than I felt) about the importance of using masks. Still the other person continued to pull it down off their face. I was going to walk out. Refuse to work with them.

Today I reported them to the office. I know it will get back to them and my name will be mud .... but it’s the right thing to do. I hate wearing a mask. It’s sweaty. It’s hard to breathe through. But I wear it. Wearing a mask means I know I’ve done my best to protect my clients. I’m so blooming angry that someone else made me feel so bad about telling them to wear a mask. I seriously considered quitting. Walking out mid shift. I’m that scared of giving it to someone else.

When I have to shop, I can feel the stress levels building, my heart racing, my breathing ... I can’t wait to get out and go home. I thought work was safer. It isn’t. Or, it wasn’t that day

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
? This is a very stressful time , I am usually very laid back and don’t worry about much but it has got me fearful , I really don’t want any member of the house leaving home , would be happy to stay locked down . I dislike wearing the mask for the same reasons as you but if I go out to shops or near others I would wear it , as for your colleague that is completely irresponsible and selfish and you absolutely did the right thing by telling them office . The mentality of some people is astounding, they must be completely ignorant .

can Imagine the wait is awful, hope it’s not too much longer .? X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
One of my neighbours was having a small birthday tea and cakes. I offered her my garden as it was a bit bigger than hers but she said No it will be OK. When I arrived there were 7 people in her kitchen/diner with one window open slightly. I said I am sorry but Happy Birthday but I cannot stay. She just did not get it.
what you did certainly was the right thing to do and takes courage. It certainly does not help with your stress levels with all you have goin
I do wonder when we all have to wear masks in shops it will be worse or better. I can’t see anyone really enforcing it except for peer pressure. If people are wearing masks will they then just think they can stand right next to you again.
I got my first online delivery yesterday so I don’t have to buy any heavy items anymore and just need fresh items so I hope I can get round the supermarket a lot quicker.
Hope the Pooch’s op is soon and goes well

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Woo2

It is a very strange time we are living in. I wouId be more than happy to stay home and let the world carry on spinning without any interaction from me.

Pooch is curled up asleep, snuggled into my feet. At least he is doing this lockdown completely oblivious to any worries. Bless his heart

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
You are very right @Bikerbeth, some people just do not get this virus thing at all.

We have this tiny group of about ten households, thrown together due to circumstances, making it through lockdown together. It’s been pretty amazing the way we have supported each other, just saying “Hello” to each other made a big difference. Now we socially distance meet once a week for a chat ... big circle ... ten foot apart.

“Newcomers“, seem to find us walking backwards and sideways to keep a decent distance from them rather odd. I’m happy to be viewed as “odd”. It much better to be “odd” than ill IMHO

I have already noticed people that wear masks in shops (or even just walking in the street), seem to think the mask means distance is no longer needed. ?

Would you disconnect your brakes just because you have an air bag in your new car?

Stay safe everyone

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh love him , please give him extra hugs and fuss from me . Hope you are attending to his every need ? . Big hugs to you both, glad it’s done now and he can heal and be back to his normal self soon.X