The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That's good news @Sam Luvit . Hope it goes well next week. This new agency sound very professional, which is an excellent thing.
Hope you are having a peaceful time in all other departments of your life.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Sam! Havent been on here for a while. Just love the songs, and all good luck you come out of all the job interviews with flying colours, which Im sure you will!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So pleased to hear your news as I was wondering how it was all going. I guess it will also be interesting to go out with one of their experienced Carers. Although I am sure with your past experience you are more than aware of what makes a Carer good or excellent. From what you have said previous I think you will fly through next week and the interview. As Sarasa said it sounds like this agency is very professional and I hope they also treat you the same. All the best.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hope you are having a peaceful time in all other departments of your life.
They do sound better @Sarasa , time will tell. In my personal opinion, I think it’s down to the attitude of owner / managers. Every McD’s is supposed to be identical, but some are better run, with better attitudes than others.
I had a video call with youngest and Baby Girl, which was lovely, but seeing then but not being with them wasn’t so great. It’s the longest time I’ve not seen youngest and it really bought it home to me, things are so different now.?
Big brother is slowly improving, obviously still doing too much, but he is accepting some offers of help. I’ve managed to avoid SIL, so I’ve still got my freedom ?

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Well done @Sam Luvit - the new agency sounds good and I hope everything goes well for you. Glad your brother is slowly improving. Must be hard not seeing the little one, but thank goodness for Facetime and the like ... so many cuddles to be had when rules are relaxed!!

Continuing the 2 metre distancing (I loved @Beate 's T(it) shirt).
Saw this card on line and it made me laugh.
1590225325688.png

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Spamar
Lovely to see you. I saw a house on line this week, up your way, which I could afford ! I looked at it a bit later and sure enough ... they had added a “4” to the beginning of the price ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Bikerbeth ;), or it is as I’m replying lol

It’s been pretty intense fitting in all the training, much of which is time limited access, so I’ve been getting my head down with it, while doing silly broken shifts, hence not being around much this last week

Every agency, company etc does things a little differently and I’m sure this will be the same. I’m hopeful that it will all work out and it will be nice to feel useful

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Saw this card on line and it made me laugh.
View attachment 62539
It is hard not seeing the kids and Baby Girl, but they keep in touch, which is good. I’m going to hug the life out of them once this is relaxed and it’s safe. It’s going to be a hug fest lol @Toony Oony

I love that card. Somewhere in my “crafting” stuff I have the instructions on how to transfer a photo to a T Shirt. I seem to remember it involved an iron and possibly tracing paper, but I’m not positive. So, if you or anyone else has that information ... I could be wearing either yours or @Beate ’s walking round the supermarkets

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh my world. Just finished a l o n g day and the lift arrived ... completed with an occupant. I stepped back to let him carry on solo, but he moved back and waved me in.

I was just rocking the full PPE look ?

I think I might have been chatted up ?, I’m a bit out of practice, but he was Fit ?

A real nice end to a long day ... hmmm those kind eyes ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve done my first shadowing with the new agency ... waiting on feedback and any other info

Meanwhile, I’ve had a hundred per cent increase in hours with the old agency. Hmmm ..l call me a cynic, but seems you gave to quit to get any form of respect

I’ve also gone totally against my nature and been less than nice to the rudest person I’ve met, just the right side of polite, but no compassion. Instead of the usual barrage of insults ... I was thanked ???? I don’t want to be unpleasant to someone, just to stop the vitriol. It feels wrong.

Pooch has gotten over his hump with me and is snuggling up, so life isn’t so bad. Even though I bathed him today, he still loves me :D

However, youngest and I had a chat and we both agree it could be next year before it’s safe to meet again in person. I’m not sure how I’m going to get through that.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hmm that doesn’t seem coincidental at all re hours :rolleyes: does it !
I am sorry to hear about the abuse you receive for doing your job, I couldn’t handle that and would give them as good back or flounce off in tears I’m sure ,maybe that person feels more comfortable with no compassion and small talk so to speak , “nowt as queer as humans“ so they say .

glad pooch still loves you after his bath ?

I have no wise words re youngest , I do tend to live in a slightly unrealistic happy positive bubble and would hope that there is a safe way forward way before next year. sending big squishy hugs??

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Woo2

The rude client is the same to 95% of us. The mantra in my head is “it’s 30 minutes in your day Sam, just 30 minutes”. It’s still not nice to be treated with “it’s you. I don't like you” or a tirade of abuse when all you’ve dine is ask if they want a drink. Hey ho, it’s just 30 minutes

Pooch is back to snuggling and gazing at me with adoration. He’s getting me through this ?

I’m a pessimist. That way when things go right, or better than I expect, it’s a pleasant surprise. I was hopeful I couid see youngest by September, but thats not looking likely now. People are not social distancing and I can see a second wave on the horizon. I hope I’m wrong

Thanks for the hugs. I think I’ve almost forgotten what a real one feels like. I’m going to be a mess when I get a real life one ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I heard somewhere about another spike in Autumn/Winter :( i really do hope not.
Glad to hear pooch is happy with you still ??

why the attitude .... seems so alien as it’s not likely to endear them or get the extra touches , most bizarre , I feel sorry for them really to not know happiness and joy in their heart .
Hope you are enjoying the sun with a good book and a glass of something nice .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati