The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I HATE SHOPPING

Ok, I don’t like it, but right now, I dread it. I’m sick n tired of people refusing to socially distance.

I’m fed up of people telling me this is all bs

As for one lady telling me “it’s two feet, not six feet” ... well, I’m sorry she can’t do the conversion ... two METRES is six foot.

Please, please, please will someone print me a T shirt that tells everyone to leave me alone.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh Sam ! I want one too so would hubby , lady at Tesco petrol station comes strolling out to see what we was doing wrong (we wanted to pay at pump to minimize the risk) she bowls right up and just before she broke the 2 METRE NOT FEET rule hubby sharply said “ can we have some distance please “ she almost jumped and said oops yes of course . M &S was awful , people mingling and walking as close as we would of pre pandemic :eek: we both had masks on but no one else did and I felt silly going in there until I saw the lack of social distancing ,this was the first time we have been out since lockdown and we were so shocked , couldn’t get our shop next week either but we won’t be going will somehow make do with what we have it’s far too stressful .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Just wanted to drop by and say I hope the training tomorrow all goes well. I have every confidence that you will become one of their highly valued employees. Well definitely highly valued by the clients.
My local supermarket seemed to have got sloppier with social distancing this week and like you said @Woo2 some of the staff seem to think it is ok to come up to you.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
We’ve a lady here, working for the NHS, she has a member of staff who doesn’t understand distancing! (We are all doomed). So she dances round her spinning with arms out wide. It’s crazy. Mind you, she also has a phrase when shopping that works for her ..”I work for the NHS ... I could be infected” .. she says they all run away from her @Woo2

I’ve started mumbling “ six foot apart or six foot under ..”. I’m sure everyone thinks I’m mad.

I was waiting for a staff member to finish pricing and move along. Young girl reached across me to get a roll. Honestly couldn’t believe it. My comment .. ” I’m so sorry you don’t know how to measure”. She just looked blank and walked off.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Bikerbeth I really hope it goes well too, I also hope they are what they say they are. I just want to work for someone who expects me to spend the full time with a client that they are paying for and to treat them as people and not “number of hours”

Tonight was my worst day to date. So many silly things went wrong. I was running so late by the end of my ten hour shift, they took the last call back off me

I couldn’t find one place, (why don’t they give house numbers as well, if there is a house name?). Anyway, I fell down the stairs. The key safe wouldn’t open. I had to wait twenty minutes for someone who had a key to let me in (they couldn’t open the key safe either).

So ... I’m running late .. too late ... but I keep going. I apologise to each person. I do my full time, I reassure, I get everything done and I leave them all smiling. Every single person told me not to worry. It’s fine. I’m so glad you came. Thank you. I ran to and from every person trying to catch up a bit

The office, fully aware that I stood out on the road, in the rain, waiting for someone to let me into a property for twenty minutes .... they phone and ask “why are you so late ., what has gone so wrong?”

I fully expect to get called into the office tomorrow and grilled over it. I feel like telling them what they can do.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
:confused: Are you ok ? Hope you haven’t hurt yourself ? That sucks being unable to get in somewhere ! To be stood in the rain too just compounds it . Me and key safes do not get on well , they are just impossible sometimes . Thank goodness the day is over .
Really ??? :( I would walk around with a
3 metre stick poking anyone who got too close , when I go out again I am sorely tempted to use that line . Big ? to you and the gorgeous wee lad . X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
. Big ? to you and the gorgeous wee lad . X
Just a small cut on my knee, nothing major @Woo2 .. fortunately the phone survived and didn’t crack the screen

Some keysafes are ok, some are funky. This was a real chunky wall safe. Apparently some people are being too harsh when closing it and the key gets stuck behind the mechanism. Translation ... not up to the job. :eek:

Today needs to be forgotten. I don’t need the reminder :rolleyes:

I have told someone to stick their arm out, I then stuck my arm out and told them to imagine a dead body between our finger tips. They looked a bit shocked. So I then said, better than one of us being that body. I’m getting a bit harsh with eejits that wont stay out of my safe space.

Thank you for the hug. Poor Pooch will be hugged out of existence soon. I’ve no one else to hug :cool::p

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Sam Luvit , hope there are not too many bruises from the fall down the stairs, and that today is a much better day. Hope the training goes well and the new company want you. To me it seems like a no-brainer....

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Oh Sam ! I want one too so would hubby , lady at Tesco petrol station comes strolling out to see what we was doing wrong (we wanted to pay at pump to minimize the risk) she bowls right up and just before she broke the 2 METRE NOT FEET rule hubby sharply said “ can we have some distance please “ she almost jumped and said oops yes of course . M &S was awful , people mingling and walking as close as we would of pre pandemic :eek: we both had masks on but no one else did and I felt silly going in there until I saw the lack of social distancing ,this was the first time we have been out since lockdown and we were so shocked , couldn’t get our shop next week either but we won’t be going will somehow make do with what we have it’s far too stressful .
Ah, @Woo2 , your post is so timely as, given the PM’s announcement of easing the rules, I was considering crosssing the road to our ‘corner shop,’ the Aldi, and chance doing some shopping for us rather than utilise family as we have been doing. If what happened to you is a sign or how shoppers and shops are handling it I think I will depending on others for a wee while, thank you.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Just a graze really @Sarasa , today was pretty full on, up at 06.00 (couldn’t sleep), laundry, training and work. Thankfully a much better shift and I came home smiling. In fact, I sang my way through the evening, I was in a good mood and happy again ?

Thank you fir the vote of confidence ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s been a brilliant day thank you @Bikerbeth ... even managed to see big brother and he’s looking a bit better. His BP is still high. His highest was 185 (!!!), it’s down to 160’s (still way too high). I’ve told him to think about what the cause is and to sort it out.

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hello @Sam Luvit
Just catching up on here ...... sorry about the grazed knee, hope big bruv is doing OK and hope that you will soon have a new employer.
This is what you need for shopping trips!
untitled-design-1.jpg

Take care
X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Fab ? Glad you have had a good day.
I had another good one today @Woo2 I went to the storage garage, found two light weight duvets and pulled out the sewing machine, along with some cotton sheets and random coloured material.

I’ve found two templates for face masks, so I’m going to have a go at making them. Not good enough for work, but might be better than we have and if I make enough, I can swop at each call. who knows, I might run up extras for whoever feels the need. I did think of getting some fabric paint to make a “smiling” face mask ... but that’s fir another day ... got to make them first

Stopped off outside big brother on the way home. He is looking a tiny bit better, so that’s a relief.

I was going to say, I can’t believe the SIL, but that’s not really true, I totally believe it. Seems madam SIL has told big brother I should not be stopping to see him ... it’s against the rules ... she might want to read all the blurb and not pick out the bits she likes. I’m allowed to go to my storage unit to get things, I’m not making an unnecessary journey as it is permitted and I can ”meet” as it’s not “more than two people”. I’m also collecting post ... which is also allowed. I could add in ... I’m trying to check if it’s a safeguarding issue or even neglect ... silly moo person

Pooch still loves me and has snuggled up. I can’t be all bad ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
View attachment 62442

Take care
X
[/QUOTE]
Lol @Toony Oony ... that wouId surprise some people who just cannot measure

I’ve been thinking of slogans for T shirts to wear shopping

”Sharing is Caring ...
Caring could be sharing
Come on ... get close