The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
What a day. Not one I want to repeat any time soon.

On the plus side, I have to look for the plus or I’d go under. So, plus side ... I’ve had offers to look after Pooch if I need to go to big brother. I’ve had someone (Social distancing) tell me they wouId hug me if they could. My nephew is looking for everything for me to take to his dad (he’s not always helpful).

I’m also very touched at the number of people who have taken the time to message me. I know you are all under more stress than normal with this virus thing. I really appreciate you taking time to wish me and big brother well. Thank you. You are amazing people.

I’m going to take Pooch for his last walk and crawl under the freshly laundered duvet and I’m going to sleep. I’m pooped.

(Pooch might need to be carried out ... he’s stretched out fast asleep on my freshly made bed)

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I’m sure pooch’ s legs are slightly shorter than when you got him ? . Glad you was able to get some bits to big bro and open line of communication. No words needed about sil , karma is a b@@@h . Hope you managed to get some sleep . Take care, big hugs for you? and snuggles for pooch . X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Sam topping up your
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Good that the ward remembered you and have allowed to take stuff to your brother.
It will sort itself out.
xxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Pooch is snuggling up a lot ... possibly to stop me getting up,and taking him for more walks @Woo2

I’ve dropped off some things to the hospital, hopefully it will mean he can buy TV time, read and charge up phone etc. All I know is that he is very tired and sleeping a lot, it’s a clot type of stoke and the wife revealed it happened Sunday morning, but “you know what he's like” and she couldn’t get him to contact his GP. I guess her dialling finger was broken!

My favourite saying for these types of people is ... God pays his debts, but not with money. I just hope I get to watch

Her attempt to deflect the cause, being that he was stressed over lack of money didn’t work. I told her I transferred the mortgage cash to him last week and had told him I wouId do it next month and the month after. Commenting “I know brother and I are strange like that, we don’t care about money”.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @canary

I’ve dropped off his things, hope it means he has things to keep him calm when he’s less tired

The hugs are most welcome in these hugless times :eek:

I have to trust them to look after him and keep him safe. Meanwhile I’m working more hours to keep my mind off it all

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
What a useless reaction on behalf of your brother's wife. I can imagine him not wanting to make a fuss, but sometimes you have to make a decision for someone. I hope your brother gets all the help he needs to make a good recovery. So glad you could get some things to him.
As my dear mother in law says look after you, you don't want to end up making yourself ill too. {{{hugs}}}}

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Pleased to hear that you have a line of communication open to your brother and you were able to ensure he received some needed items. Hopefully with a charger you are able to talk again. Well done on getting him to go to hospital and that must have been hard for you to with all that is going on.
I hope he progresses well.
more hugs to you and if you don’t mind I would like to send one to pooch too

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Useless is one word for the wiff @Sarasa I’ve told people I’m calling the ambulance, that they may not want me to, but I need to. I cannot get my head round her not doing that for her husband. I just can’t.

He is in the right place to get the help and support he needs to get the best chance of recovery. The hard thing is not being able to look at him to see what the effects are

He texted thank you for bringing in the stuff, he’s very tired and sleeping a lot, so no phone calls so far. At least he now has chargers and power packs to keep everything going.

I will stay safe, not do too much, but I have to keep busy while I wait for news. I’ve agreed to do most evenings in addition to my “normal” hours, just to have something to focus on.

The hugs are great, thank you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It made me feel slightly less than useless, being able to take in some things for him. I added in a couple of bags of sweets too, so treats as well as essentials @Bikerbeth

It’s scarey times. Is it more risky to go to hospital with this virus running around? That was definitely bouncing about in my head, while I knew he had to get checked, as recovery from a stroke is dependant on fast treatment. Time is brain. I’m going to push him to rehab (if it’s available .. another worry for later ).

I wish I could see him, to see how this has affected him, but I can’t. I’ll call again tomorrow and try to get the MRI results. This is the time when he needs people telling him how much they need him and how much he needs to fight back to normality. Unfortunately right now, with this blooming virus, he can’t have that

Pooch loves hugs. You can send him plenty. Bkess his heart, he has been snuggling up and climbing on my lap, or just stretching out and putting his head on me He knows something is wrong.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Why she never called an ambulance is beyond me but that’s for her conscience to deal with . You have done the right thing for big bro . Fil changes so much so quickly , the night he went in he was in an awful state and looked not long for this world , within 4 hrs he has massively improved , after 12 hrs again another big leap forward and then just went from strength to strength although he slept an awful lot and still does to be fair but he has 20 odd years on big bro . He wouldn’t of rung us , we were fortunate to be able to visit . Not knowing is hard but he is being well cared for and resting . Lots of big ? for you and pooch .Hope you get a restful night .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I don’t think she has a conscience @Woo2 ... it’s all “oh, woe is me ..” with her. I don’t think anyone is going to be able to understand her version “I tried to get him to call someone ... but you know what he’s like”. Even my nephew was furious at her not answering the phone call from my brother / his dad. Them be ruckions in that families future.

My major concern is how long it was from “suspected” stroke to treatment. I thought it was six to eight hours, but it now seems it was over twenty four hours. That’s not good. That’s bad. I will never forgive her for that delay.

It is the not knowing that is hardest. With mum I could look at her, judge her improvement and I pushed for rehab. I don’t know what the bottom line is, so can’t even speculate on what the real long term reality will be ... apart from praying that it’s nowhere she is.

I’m going to have a large CM, walk Pooch, then give him his stored hugs and get some rest.

Sleep well everyone and please .... stay safe “hand washing” lol

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I’m going to have a large CM, walk Pooch, then give him his stored hugs and get some rest.

Sleep well everyone and please .... stay safe “hand washing” lol
Sounds like that was a good plan last night. Hopefully you have woken with strength today and are able to talk to your brother today.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
So ... some good news at last

He’s been discharged. I picked him up and took him home, but I did pull over before I delivered him to her. I’ve asked him to think about his home life and to put himself first.

I’ve also contacted his close friends and asked them to help keep his spirits up by messaging ... men don’t think of that, so I’ve thought if it for them lol

I can’t believe how tiring it is waiting around for news. I’m shattered. All I’ve done today is walk Pooch a million miles, one load of washing and phoned and messaged to find out what time discharge was. I’ve literally sat with a phone in my hand texting all blooming day.

I’m rewarding my hard ? work with a very decadent dinner. Rump steak in a cream sauce, roast potatoes and asparagus spears ... with a bottle of fizz (imitation champagne), which is presently in a bucket of cold water to chill down. It won’t fit in the fridge without me taking everything out and it’s cold enough out there to get reasonably chilled

Thank you so much for your messages, calls and hugs. You’ve gotten me through another horrid episode.

Stay safe everyone

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Emotional stress ridiculously tiring . So glad big bro is home , brilliant idea contacting his friends as yep you are right they prob wouldn’t have thought about it . Poor pooch will need to sleep for a week !
dinner sounds scrumptious ? What time shall I be there ?. Enjoy , hope you crash out after a full tummy and some bubbles . Take care .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celiagibson