The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Woo2 , @canary and @Bikerbeth

I dont know the full story yet, whether he phoned the GP or 111, if he was taken in or took himself to A&E, but he got there and I’m very glad he did

I make no apologies for emotionally blackmailing him into doing something. Thankful he listened to me. Disgusted his wife had taken herself off to bed and was asleep while myself and the childhood friend were trying to get him to seek medical help. Words fail me (no they don’t .. they were rich in expletives) , but I can well do without being deleted

Thank you for the hugs ... no real ones allowed due to this virus .. if ever I needed one, it was this afternoon

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yes he is in the right place @canary I hear the hospital wards are empty, they have sent everyone home, while waiting for the expected onslaught. This is not a good time to get ill. However, if they have very few patients, they should be deep cleaning and he will be well looked after. I just wish I could visit, just to see he is ok.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh Sam as if you haven’t got enough to worry about...

Take care x
I know, it never rains, but it pours @DianeW

He told me he was being transferred at 10.23 ... he had just arrived at 17.11, when I spoke to the ward sister. That’s a long wait and he’s not good in hospitals. I think it’s thirty years since he saw his GP!! He’s in till at least Wednesday

Again, no apologies for playing the game. I said it was the same ward mum was on. They said the name was familiar and asked for mums name. “Oh ... so we may know you?” I agreed, saying I’d visited from 10.00 till 17.00 every day. This won me a lotto win. I can take glasses, phone charger etc and call them. Someone will come down from the ward and take them to my brother. I may not be able to see him, but I can get things to him and maybe, just maybe, get to find out how he is. They have added my details (after I told them his wife didn’t answer his call this morning).

Stay safe ?

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I know how worried you must feel about your brother, it's awful not to be able to visit. My mum (pwd) has been in hospital for 10 days now following a fall and she has moved wards four times as one by one they close down. No visitors but my sister managed to call the ward today and they put mum on for a chat.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
The stroke unit were amazing with mum. They were amazed at her (83 and striving to get out) @Havemercy

I know it’s the best place for big brother, I just wish he didn’t need to be there. I wish I could visit. But ... I have to trust them to look after him. He just has to get through this .. he has to

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yes, it’s been a tough week @Sarasa Big brother is in the right place, even if the timing is not ideal. What’s that saying ... “this too shall pass”.
I’m looking forward to those times :oops:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Everything about the call last night pointed to a stroke, even without being able to see him, unfortunately I was right JM

I know he is in the right place, just the timing that stinks. Hospital on lockdown so I can’t visit. Now he’s there, he’d better stay and do as they say or I’m going to kick his butt

I’ve been nagging him for months to go to the GP, he’s had horrendous headaches, but he refused.

I can’t decide if I want to strangle him or hug him right now @jugglingmum

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It is horrid not being able to go see him @Lynmax

Thats nice that your sister got to chat with your mum. It’s not much, but I’ll bet it was a relief to be able to do that

Normally I’d have been straight over to the hospital, but these are not normal times. I’ve had people asking why I’ve not gone to see him. They can’t understand that the hospital is closed to all visitors.