The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Our leisure battery has lasted a full 9 days in summer - our fridge runs on gas out of choice as we know we will not be able to connect for this length of time, it is summer so little light used, but some used, and water tap is running off battery. We recharge our phones and garmins (bike satnav) daily as well.

Do you have a battery indicator?

I don't tend to check the forecast for Mon to Wed as working but do for days I'm not working, as want to know what it'll be like for cycling.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I know the leisure battery is “old” and I’m not confident in it lasting hours, never mind days @jugglingmum unmmm where do I look to see it’s “level”? I really need to get up to speed.

TBH I was impressed it worked at all, but it’s still providing light 8 hours later.

Im going to be more careful about checking weather in the future. I’d “heard” we were expecting high winds around the site, but was blissfully unaware why

Must do better .. as my school report was want to say

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh yay, oh yay. I’ve driven Poppet!!!! Ok, so it should have been an eight minute drive, except I didn’t get above 3rd gear lol, but I drove her none the less. I was even very nice to the traffic following me round the windy country lanes very slowly ... I pulled into a turning and let them all go past!!

I’d have preferred someone else to take her to a nice bit of straight seafront and let me drive up and down a few times, but needs must n all that

Tomorrow I’ve got to navigate mini roundabouts, (on a hill), traffic lights and more country lanes. I’m going very early in the hope of missing the traffic.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Excellent ! Sometimes it’s better to just throw yourself in the deep end and paddle . Well done , the mini roundabouts and country lanes will be a doddle I’m sure :D.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Nothing wrong with going slowly - I've done it - and if cars don't like it tough.

I'm a bit confused - am I right in thinking you are living in Poppet and drove Poppet 2 today?

And where is Poppet 2 at the moment

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Excellent ! Sometimes it’s better to just throw yourself in the deep end and paddle . Well done , the mini roundabouts and country lanes will be a doddle I’m sure :D.
All the offered help failed to materialise @Woohoo ... so I had to get in with it. Not sure it’ll be a doddle, but ..

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
When I said slow ... I really meant crawl lol. But my slowest was 15mph :D Bits of the lanes are not wide enough for two cars, so I was nervous on the bends @jugglingmum , I’m sure I will improve. I hope I improve

Yes, living in Poppet until Wednesday... when I get to swop over. Poppet 2 was at the mechanical garage for a few bits off the MOT advisory list. I picked her up from there and drove her to the site (hence the country lanes). She’s parked up at the top in the “extra” cars section

Tomorrow Poppet 2 is booked in for some work to the habitation part (sleeping area), so I have to drive her about twenty miles, then pick her up on Wednesday. I then have to get everything out of Poppet and into Poppet 2 .. including taking down the awning and attempting to put it back up in this wind :p

Fingers crossed, Poppet will get moved on Wednesday evening, as someone is hopefully buying her. She has to move off site, or I’ll be charged for two :eek:

I’m excited to almost have her ... I took Pooch up to have a look and he was straight in having a look around. I think he’s going to settle right in.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Pooch sounds really excited by the move & hopefully you are too! That’s great that you hopefully have a buyer for Poppet 1!

I was pleasantly surprised at Pooch leaping straight in. He’s obviously getting to understand how life is changing, but I’m still the constant.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I did it! Fourteen miles to the next garage in Poppet v2, I set off early, not even 07.30, but I still caught traffic. I was very considerate, I pulled over into parking areas about four times to let the built up line behind me go past. Not one person thanked me .. hmmmm ... if they were late, they should have left earlier

There were moments when it got a bit uncomfortable with the twists n turns etc, so I started singing (it’s supposed to release tension), you know what ... it works!

Today I have to pack up Poppet, ready for the swop tomorrow. It’s going to be a busy day and I’ve already been up since 06.00 .. I’m so not a morning person

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I did it! Fourteen miles to the next garage in Poppet v2, I set off early, not even 07.30, but I still caught traffic. I was very considerate, I pulled over into parking areas about four times to let the built up line behind me go past. Not one person thanked me .. hmmmm ... if they were late, they should have left earlier

There were moments when it got a bit uncomfortable with the twists n turns etc, so I started singing (it’s supposed to release tension), you know what ... it works!

Today I have to pack up Poppet, ready for the swop tomorrow. It’s going to be a busy day and I’ve already been up since 06.00 .. I’m so not a morning person

Yay well done for doing what you’ve done today! It’s still quite fiercely windy where we are & apparently snow is being forecast again. My phone weather app didn’t change for ages yesterday whilst it was snowing so it seemed to have taken our county by surprise!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Apparently this is going to continue for another week, easing off, then coming back hard at the weekend, then easing off again middle of next week .... urgghhh

I’ve not cleared much today. It’s so cold. The wind is less, but it’s bitter. Pooch has the right idea, he’s curled up on the bed with his teddy.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Well done for today and hope the swap all goes smoothly.
Sounds like pouch will settle well providing you and teddy and a comfortable bed is available.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hope the swap went well and pooch is happy with it all

When I checked Monday night we were forecast wind for Wed and Thur but forecast changed and not too windy

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well, yesterday was manic. Up early (again), packing up and doing the laundry. I figured I had to strip the bed, so might as well wash the sheets etc and have nice clean ones in Poppet v2 (I cant be doing with typing v2 all the time, so she’s just going to be Poppet from now)

I had to empty out the awning and take it down, so they could move old Poppet up the hill. Then a lift out to the garage to collect her. I was a bit nervous, but not too bad

Off to fuel up and I was laughing at myself trying to climb out. My head barely reaches half way up the window when I stand next to her. Climbing in and out is amusing

So, 21 miles back to the site, I pulled over once, as I’d caused a fair tail back, but after that, they just had to deal with it. I’m picking up speed, I even got into 4th a few times! I navigated round someone who threw their door wide open as I was approaching and even drove her down onto the pitch! Got her just about where I wanted first time. I’m ever so slightly pleased with myself

I’m still trying to find where to put everything. She has more storage, but different layout, so it’s an ongoing moving stuff around. The weather is not helping as I can’t put things outside while I make the changes, but I’m sure I’ll get it done

Pooch now has his own bed, although he decided my legs were more comfortable after a while. I’ve found his other teddies, so he has plenty of things to snuggle with, on my lap of course!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
We had sunshine yesterday, then it rained in the evening and the wind picked up again. Nothing like earlier in the week, but bad enough. It’s pouring down now and the wind is picking up a bit @Kikki21

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Bikerbeth .. it wasn't too bad I’m now waiting on old Poppet being picked up. She was supposed to go yesterday and the site are “not best pleased” she is still here :(

Pooch is settling, although not happy if he can’t see me, although he’s starting to stay on the bed rather than following me to the door. I think it might be because the bed is warmer :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I can’t keep up with the changes in the weather @jugglingmum , every time I look it seems to be changing. Generally seems it’s going to get bad over the weekend, so the storm strap is back on today