The Absence of time

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
The absence of time, dementia at its worst

As I sat there at my computer, mid-afternoon yesterday I thought " Who was that? Where have I just been ? and why wasn't Elaine there?? I can remember walking down the road, seeing buildings, hearing sounds, but which buildings, which road, and why wasn't Elaine there? I have not been outside on my own for years because of my spatial awareness, why now? Have I only just back? did nobody miss me ????

My head was swimming with all these questions, how could I have possibly gone out by myself and why did I? I tried to remember all I could but the memory was starting to fade, but it was real!! it was as real as the day itself, it happened and yet I have no explanation of how? I checked my watch as if to expect it to say about an hour later but was only minutes from when I thought I had just checked it,

This has happened a couple of times lately but whilst I was sat in the armchair in the front room so I put it down to dozing and dreaming, but not this time, Oh no, not this time, this time I had experienced something very real (To me anyway) and it has shocked me to the core. knowing that I have no control over this is absolutely terrifying and has really only just confirmed what I have been thinking and dreading for weeks later, that I am getting worse.

Later I had this very conversation with Elaine and asked the question I always ask " Am I getting Worse? and Elaine answered as she always does by saying
"A little but we will cope"

Needless to say, a bad night ensued with all of its horrors, but as stated earlier, today is a new day with new challenges.

Much love to all

Norrms ( trying his best to live with this awful disease)

xx

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Hi Norms,
You are a real fighter.
I can understand how terrifying memory loss is, but your mind seems to be working well on the whole. Your thoughts and the way you write them are amazingly lucid and rational.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09