thats it I have had enough

rob65

Feb 8, 2008
UK
After putting up with **** for the last few years from my father who is also my boss at work I have had enough. I am walking away and will never go back.
Aggression, abuse, the complete and utter ignorance of his disorder and his refusal to even admit there is a problem have made up my mind.
I really appreciate what a lot of you are going through and you have my utmost respect but I cant do it any more and am walking away from it all.
I know each situation and case is different but the things I have had to endure are beyond acceptable and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.
I wish you all well and thank you for the advice

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Rob,
All I can say is "Never say never". Definitely get another job. I also had a demanding boss & at one point realized I could either take care of my mother or my boss but not both. So I quit, took about 6 months off and now have a much more satisfying job, which keeps me very happy. Granted, I took a 25% pay cut but it was more than worth.

You can walk away from your situation but you don't have to walk away from us. Pop in, have a look around now and then. Your feelings may change in a few months.

Take care.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Rob, good luck

You have done what you can for a long time, to no avail.

Since you are on such bad terms, will you know if your father 'goes downhill' after you leave his employ (i.e. without your support, which may have been masking his symptoms) from another family member or friend?

We can only do what we can do. In an abrasive family relationship (and goodness knows there are enough of them mentioned on this site by other carers) there may be very little you can do; it might even make matters worse.

For the sake of your own mental health, I think you need to walk away.

Attachments

• **** hits fan Smiley.gif
    **** hits fan Smiley.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 248

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Rob

Whatever you do, good luck:)
And I wish your father the same, he will need it. He might not know that now:(
Barb & Ron XX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Rob

I agree with Lynne, you have had enough!

Stay away from the company for a while, let your dad get on with it. You never know, he may calm down when he hasn't you to pick up the pieces for him.

I don't know what's wrong with him, whether or not it's dementia, but you can't carry on dealing with his tantrums.

Don't do anything permanent, like resigning, just stay away for a while, go on holiday if you can, and don't contact your dad.

But please don't walk away from us. We do care about you, and would like to know how you are.

Love,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Rob,

So many of us have wanted to walk away but reading your situation is a case of you too have a life.

Is there someway you can find out how he is getting on ?
I do wish you the very best but please keep us informed how you are doing.

Talking Point is always here for you and just to let us know how you are doing is important to us all.

Very best wishes
Christine