Thankyou.

beech mount

Sep 1, 2008
Manchester
May i take this opertunety to thank all of you out there for being there for me and each other,it is a great help.
Also may i wish you all a happy Xmas/holiday,may we all have at least one good nights sleep and end each day with a smile!.
We are all doing the best we can and in most cases better than those paid to care,so once again,thank you all and to quote Tiny Tim "God bless us all".
John.

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Happy Christmas

Nice thread John:D:D

Happy Christmas to all my friends on here- who have helped me so much and been there for me and Ian when the going has been tough both with AD and boundary issues too:eek:

Hope you all find a moment of peace over the Festive Season:)

Julie and Ian xx

Ps Perhaps this can be the festive thread where we convey our Christmas wishes to each other??:):)

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Happy Christmas

I would like to wish everyone on TP a happy christmas.

I know I dont post very often but always feel supported when I do. So thank you to everyone.

Holiday periods are so stressful especially when caring for somone who has this awful disease. I hope everyone manages to have some enjoyable times.

I am not looking forward to christmas day but I am going to make an effort and try my best for the sake of my family. I know it wont be the same without my Steve but whats the alternative, I dont want to spoil the day for anyone else.

Here's hoping we all manage to get through the day okay.

Love and best wishes
Janet

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Merry Christmas

This has been an anus horribulus for me,I hope the coming new year will be better
I would like to thank all the people here who were showing sympathy for my loss,and giving me a shoulder to cry on,my last Christmas Anna was in hospital,she died in January,exactly one week after her 74th birthday.Now she is at peace.
I would like to thank all on TP for their kind wishes,though I will not be celebrating this Christmas,or sending Christmas cards,I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a trouble free New Year
Who knows,next yearhas to be better!
Thank you all
Frederickgt

myheadisinaspin

Nov 6, 2008
marlow bucks uk
i'm fairly a newbie compared to most of you, but i would like to thank you all too, for kind words of advice etc.

get drunk , be merry, disgrace yourselves, you have all year to gain forgiveness. merry christmas and a happier new year xx bonnie-x-

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Grow Old Disgracefully!

disgrace yourselves, xx bonnie-x-

Well, bonnie, since I was a disgraceful young(ish) person in the '60s, my mission in life has been to GROW OLD DISGRACEFULLY. Which may be what you are thinking of when you say 'disgrace yourselves'!!

I have every intention of keeping my promise to myself!

I wish for everyone a peaceful time at this time which is one enormously difficult time for some of us.

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi,
I would just like to say that I have found this site very helpful.It is so great to know that you are not alone. I am sure as time goes on & my Mum gets worse then I will appreciate it more . All you carers on here sound really amazing . Have a Happy Christmas where & when possible..
Mandy:):)

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear John (oh, that has connotations of WW2 doesn't it?)

Thanks for your good wishes, and I wish the same to you and everyone else on this site who have helped me throught difficult times, and some who are going through far worse times than me and still find the strength to help.

God Bless you all. This must be the best site in the world for support and friendship.

Margaret

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Me too ...

I would like to express my appreciation for the HUGE amount of kindness & support so freely given to me by so many TP contributors, particularly in 2008 when my Mum died.

The months leading to her death were truly awful for me, emotionally, even though she was an 'easy' person to look after & had no unpleasant character or behaviour changes. Before I joined TP, I had never felt so alone in my life, even though I am normally a very independent & self-reliant person. No-one ever thinks about what it would mean to suddenly be a 'carer' (apart from normal parenting) but suddenly you are trying to deal with the terrible Unknown, with no training or meaningful back-up. Hideous feeling.

So from the bottom of my heart, Thank You all, more than I can find words for (Rare for me, :p I know!) for filling that dreadful Unknown void with good sound sense, sharing painful experiences with others for the greater good, finding humour & levity in surreal situations, and for tolerating comments or dubious jokes from me which turned out to be inappropriate (tho' well-meant) & my cartoon-style attachments, which probably irritate some. :mad:

I wish you all a peaceful/joyful/restful/riotous Christmas - whichever applies to your circumstances. May your God be with you and keep you strong.

Love

Attachments

• mex.wave smileys.gif
    mex.wave smileys.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 234

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
From me to you..............

...........a very sincere
View attachment 3992
for all the support I`ve received this year, from so many strangers who have become friends. I would not have managed without you.
Love xx

Last edited:

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Thank You

Thank you Grannie,Christmas for me now will always be a time for remembering Dec 25 2007 when my wife was in hospital,I am now throughly depressed,and hope that I dont see another one.Christmas is for children and lovers,may their Christmases be always full of joy and laughter.
Next year cannot fail to be a better year.
love to all from frederickgt.

Christinec

Aug 8, 2007
To all of you but especially the moderators. I wish I had found TP when mum got ill about 8 years ago. The emotional support and practical information have been wonderful. Okay we do not always agree and all our situations are different but for me it has really, really helped.
Wishing you all the best.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME TO YOU

Talking Point has become a very valuable part of my support mechanism and it is made up of you all and me:) I think it is something beautiful that arises out of something horrendous.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Thankyou TP...

think it is something beautiful that arises out of something horrendous.

And Helen for a very apt description of TP...:)

I too would like to thank you all for seeing me through the dark times with my family problems this past year...

And give you all a big hug....

grouphug.gif

love gigi xx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Thank You Oh Sooo Much

Hi everyone, seasons greetings to all xx, haven't been here for a while and I have missed you so much and I m sooo glad to be back among friends

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
YES, A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME TOO FOR ALL THE SUPPORTIVE MESSAGES DURING DIFFICULT TIMES.

I AM SURE OTHERS HERE, LIKE ME, WILL BE TAKING 2009 'DAY BY DAY' :eek::eek::eek:

Love Jan