1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Thanks to our Moderators

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Nell, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    I've been thinking about posting this for a while now, and have decided to go ahead with it today.

Special thanks to all the Moderators on this Forum! You do a GREAT job. You always make sure posters receive a response. You provide lots of very helpful and useful information and contacts to other helpful places. You "moderate" the posters! ;) You are unfailingly polite and kind. All in all, I think you are a wonderful group of individuals.

So, thanks to each one of you for taking the time to support the forum and we TP members and viewers. You already have the responsibilities we all have, and yet you are prepared to take on this extra one. Where would we and TP be without you??

THANKS from Nell :) :) :)

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    I 2nd all of that Nell :) :) :) :)

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    I'll second that, Nell. :) :) :)

OK, I'll third it!

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    What a lovely post Nell. Thank you. :eek: :eek: :eek:

There`s no other Forum like this IMHO, with such a great group of people. For me it`s been a life saver and it`s a delight to be associated with so many caring carers.

5. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    and so say all of us..

Three cheers for the 'mods'
    hip, hip hooray!
    Hip, Hip, Hooray!
    HIP,HIP,HOORAY!

Thank you:)

6. noelphobic

noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    you all say the nicest things and I can only agree with what Sylvia has said. :eek:

7. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    I have been on this forum now for a long time,seems like forever.
    I never looked for compliments or praise,I just wanted to help others and give them the benifit of my experiences.
    Nell thank you for your kind words,it does make it all worthwhile.
    Norman

8. blue sea

blue sea Registered User

Aug 24, 2005
    England
    I would like to add my thanks to all the moderators. You enable the site to operate in a civilised and effective way and with great humanity. You probably will never know the difference you make to people's lives but it is huge - thank you.
    blue sea

9. said

said Registered User

Jul 4, 2006
    London
    I would also like to thank the moderators....

They are a great bunch of people who do a difficult job very well.

It is a privilege to work with them.

Said
    (Website Manager)

10. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Thank you for all your kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

11. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Just adding my thanks too - most sincerely - you all do a wonderful job.
    Beckyjan