Thanks from Magic

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Have written a little ditty to say thank you to you all and all the support you've been giving me. I've taken up a lot of space on TP lately and been feeling a little guilty for that, thanks for putting up with me everyone.

Poem is on poetry thread. Hope you like it.

Magic x

C

Chesca

Thanks FOR the Magic

You're not taking up too much of my space, don't stop. And ditch the guilt, please. Need you very much.

From someone who takes up more space than an airport.
Lots of love
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Magic, how could someone as clever with words and a knack for saying just the right thing even begin to think they are taking too much space? You so often yse a lovely little Irish term that brings tears to my eyes with it's kindness. Don't you EVER stop! Love, She. XX

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear Magic

Just read your poem on the poetry thread, it is a wonderful description of the support given to all of us by the rest of us. If that makes sense.

Don't ever feel you are taking up too much space or time. For the most part you are encouraging others, and if you feel the need for some help yourself I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say we will always be there for you.

Cheers Barraf

C

Chesca

We know! But we've charity enough to spare!

Love
Chesca

C

Chesca

Magic, the truth is I read the the poetry forum only occasionally because I'm an emotional cissie! I usually see the first few lines and the tears go, the tears that come from a very deep place and because of that they physically hurt!

I have bags under my eyes which were used as a mould for the latest safety air bags on a Hummer - don't be surprised if these are tinged red around the edges when you purchase one such vehicle. These I have accrued over the last year or five as result of sleepless nights, in the company of spontaneous outbreaks of weeping. Actually I'm probably quite a sight - I'm waiting for the vampire look to become fashionable! No garlic jokes, please!

It's a bit like the music. I was brought up and trained as a musician, lived part of my life as a musician, played in an orchestra, but I can't go there for solace yet, the pain that beautiful things can generate is just...........well, you know. There are only so many shreds to a soul - and they are so fragile and special.

I read your whole lovely work through. Please always post your poetry without any inhibition. I wish I had your courage: actually, I wish I had your talent and gift.

Lots of love you
Chesca

Last edited by a moderator:

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Chesca, thanks a million for your lovely posting. I had no idea you're a musician, that is something I have always envied, the gift of music. And I know where you're coming from about not being able to go to something that once gave such comfort, the magic of music can evoke all sorts of passions and pain.

I have always written poetry. Until mum was diagnosed and everything that I knew myself to be, ended, including finding solace in the things I used to take comfort in. Strangely the TP gang have given me some of those things back like humour and being able to pen a ditty or two.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I know I'm not alone anymore. Thanks for that.

C

Chesca

I know what you mean about losing some part of yourself. But I've also found strengths I never knew I was capable of and discovered joy in other things - maybe these are displacement activities, but they seem to work for me. TP provides a lot of comfort and friendship.

God I'm feeling maudlin this morn. Got a good night's sleep last night for the first time in ages and it seems to have made me worse. Beginning to think I'm better going to bed at four in the morning!

Speak to you later when I've had about 14 cups of coffee and 150 fags.
Lots of love
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

Don't ever be shy about writing poetry and don't ever worry about how much 'space' you take up. That's what it's all about. The poetry is wonderful and your need for advice is more than compensated for in the effort and replies that you send to everyone else. Swings and roundabouts........ Keep ducking and weaving.

Jude