Thank you

Ellen12

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you for your kind comments. It helps to know that there are people in the same, and in some cases much worse situations, and that there's always someone to talk to who understands. My aunt has had some very bad days recently, but her GP has reviewed her medication and it has helped a bit. I'm trying not to feel guilty about the feelings of dread when we go to visit her, but it's difficult. She keeps saying that she's being attacked by people- staff, residents and visitors - she said the same when she was in hospital. Nothing we can say to her helps, and she seems to be going over incidents such as rows with family and friends, which happened over 30 years ago. She starts off in a reasonable mood, then gets angry and upset, and has what I can only describe as a tantrum when we say we're leaving. The care staff are very good and are able to distract her most of the time. I feel emotionally drained and feel sick before each visit. I suppose it's a case of get a grip and get on with it! :)

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Ellen2
I'm pleased that there's some improvement for your aunt.
You have stuck by her for so long and through so much - sadly she may not be able to appreciate your efforts, but reading your posts it's clear that she's a fortunate woman to have such a caring niece.
Yes, keep visiting - however, maybe not so often. She's safe and cared for. So now take some time for yourself; you have a lot to come to terms with and deserve that oh so precious 'me time'. Treat yourself well; care for yourself for a while. Have some time together as a couple - have a date night :D