thank you

laura92

Aug 28, 2007
Bucks
hi, i'd like to thank you all for your love and support.
last night we got a phone call to announce, that my dad died at twenty past 6 yesterday evening.
i never got a chance to take back the harsh things i said, and may dad may have died thinking i hated him, but he died loving me, and for now thats how i'm going to look at it.
thank you for everything
all my love
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Laura,

I`m so sorry you are now in mourning for your father.

He will not have died thinking you hated him, because the only one good thing about dementia is that upsetting incidents are quickly forgotten.

Please be at peace with yourself, and remember TP is still here for you.

Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Daer Laura, I am sorry to read your sad news.

Dda is now at peace, you have the knowledge that he died loving you, as you have always loved him.. Harsh words have no place in your life now.

Be kind to yourself.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Laura,

So sorry to hear your news.

It is so easy to feel regret for things we have said and wished we hadn't, or things we wished we'd said but never got round to ..... it's the unspoken that matters - knowing you have loved and been loved ......

Love, Karen, x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Laura,
I am so sorry to her about your Dad passing. At least he is no longer suffering.
My prayers and thoughts are with you at this terrible time.
Lots of love.
Christine

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Laura
I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has passed away. You are so young to of gone through this dreadful disease. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your Family. Please dont worry your Dad knows you love him.
Take care of yourself, Nicky xxx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So sorry you have lost your Dad. Memories are precious take comfort in them.

Take care.

Love Linda x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Laura

So sorry to hear about your dad. He is at peace now, and he knew you loved him. Remember the good times now, and try not to have regrets.

I hope that you too can find the peace to remember your lovely dad.

Love,

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Laura

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I myself lost my Nanna on Friday morning and can understand that you mind is possible either going crazy or is just numb.

I am sure your dad would of known that you loved him with all your heart, even though you may have had some harsh words recently.

All I can say now is my heart is with you.

Take Care
Clare:)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just adding my deepest sympathy to all those already posted.

Your Dad will really know that you loved him - the 'dementia' brain is so different but I know that deep down he knew how much you cared.

Be kind to yourself - you know your own true feelings and that is important.

Take care Beckyjan

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hey Laura, Dad's are brighter than you might think. He will have known all along that that the things you said weren't meant, remember he was an adult and as adults we all know that young people say things that aren't really meant, and as you said, he loved you, and he will have known that you loved him him. Love isn't about being nice to someone all the time, or never having a row or a disagreement. Love is just there whatever happens.

I am sorry to hear about his passing, but he is now at peace. Remember him for his good points, and you will benefit.

Much love to you Laura,

Margaret

Oh, and continue to post on here if you still need help. Just cos your dad has passed away doesn't mean you can't still ask for help and advice. We'd like to know how you are coping in the future.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Laura,
Sorry for your loss, your dad will be free of all pain and at peace now. Deepest Sympathy. Taffy.

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hello Laura

You can still go on loving your Dad and knowing your Dad loved you, will give you a good feeling, that will last forever.
Don't be too hard on yourself, we are all thinking of you Laura and send our best wishes.
Keep posting, there is always someone out here.
Take care
Janetruth x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Laura,
Your's is such a heavy burden for anyone but especially in your young life. I echo what others have said - your Dad loved you and he knew you loved him. He will always be in your life. Your memories of the good times are the things to cling to now. Loving and caring thoughts coming to you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA