thank you

biggles

Jun 11, 2007
leicestershire
I have a lone journey ahead that I am sure or my husband has alzheimers & Parkinsons life is not abowl of cherries but we get along reasonably well, I will have lots of questions but first would like to say thank you for allowing me to read your problems and advice you give we have this illness has been with us now for about five years, we have a close family but of course I can still feel very lonley this web site make me reliase that this need not be, I am haveing my first good cry as I type this but it will do me good I'm sure once again thank you all

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome to TP Biggles.

My husband has Alzheimers and vascular dementia. He was diagnosed 2 years ago, but we have now traced the onset to 1999.

It`s a very lonely journey and . for me personally, TP has been a wealth of friendship and support. I sincerely hope you will find the same.

Take care and keep posting.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Biggles, welcome.

It's so good to know we're not alone, isn't it?

TP can offer advice when you have problems, and support when you are feeling down. We're all here for the same reasons, and without each other our world would be so much blacker.

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi biggles

(What a nice user name )

Welcome to TP from me also

I am having my first good cry as I type

And I bet it won't be your last if your anything like me :) Just wanted to say I know how your feel xx
I hope when your ready your post a little more

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Biggles,

Another welcome for you! I am so grateful I found TP, it has pretty much changed my life. No longer am I alone with coping with my Mum who has Alzheimer's and my Dad, who is showing signs of it. The companionship is great and everyone, just everyone, knows how you feel, because we're all there too!

All the best.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Biggles,

Welcome! I'm so sorry you need TP but I'm glad you've found us!

I have wondered why, of all the forums there are on the Net, this is such a great one . . . .?? I've decided it is because it is driven by selflessness and love. People on TP are here to find out how best to care for their loved ones with dementia, and also how to ensure the rest of the family and themselves can survive the journey.

Because TPers are not here "just" for their own sakes (ie. they have a bigger concern - the care and welfare of a loved one) the forum is a very positive and supportive place.

It allows us to be weak, strong, happy, distressed, angry, amused, and all other emotions . . . without judgement! No-one has to be a "super woman" or a "super man" - we can just be ourselves and muddle along the best way we can. We know other TPers will support us, advise us, comfort us, admonish us and give us space to be ourselves.

TP is more like a family than a forum - the difference being that we can choose our forum but not our family!! ;)

I hope you find what you need here. And, by the way, I encourage you to keep crying. It does help (a bit!)!!

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Biggles.
I also welcome you to TP and I am sure that you'll find lots of help and support here, the carers role is a lonely one, so I am glad you can now share with others that are walking the same road. Best Wishes. Taffy.:)