Thank You

Jane1

Mar 3, 2007
Leicestershire
Thank You for being here. We are awaiting diagnosis for my father but it helps to read items on here and know his behaviour is his illness! I wish my mum could read it too but i can't get her away from dads side for long enough, i do print the fact sheets out for her though! The support this forum creates is invaluable, thank you :)

Irish_Lisa

Feb 24, 2007
N.Ireland
I know what you mean. I've found TP to be an invaluable source of support and comfort since I joined. They're all a big pile of stars on here. Keep in touch. xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Jane,

Welcome to TP. I hope you'll spend more time among us, and tell us more about your dad.

If you have specific questions, why not start a new thread, then you could print out the answers for your mum. If you click Thread Tools (top right), you'll get a printable version. Or you could do this with any existing threads that are relevant.

Hope all goes well.

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jane,
Welcome to TP. How long has your dad been unwell, and how are you all coping.
I didn't know about TP when mum was in the early stages - in fact it didn't exist - but I did get a booklet and fact shets from AS and gave them to dad to read at the right times.
I used a highlighter, so that he didn't have to read all of it - but sometimes I think that our role as daughter is to feed the necessary information in at the right time.

Do keep posting and let us know how things are going.
Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome Jane,

I only found TP by chance, but it has been a wealth of support to me. Try to encourage your mum to take part. It might give an added dimension to her role as carer. There is so much to learn from sharing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo