Thank you

duncang

Mar 2, 2010
Oxford
Dear all

My mum died last night of the terrible disease.

After two days of fight she simply ran out of energy and will and slipped away. It is eight years since we saw the first symptoms when the well planned granny flat in which we had all wanted a safe and happy new home with mum and our kids started to go wrong.

87 years of life, loves, fun, family, war problems finished in an unfair way.

Her care home which she had just gone to near Merton in Oxfordshire gave the the most beautiful caring end and the nurses showed such respect and love to her.

I was a relative new comer to your fantastic forum but got great support and found reading other peoples threads so helpful as it made me feel less alone.

Thank you

Duncan

ps

Live every day and never don't do that fun exciting this that comes your way.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Hi Duncan. So sorry to hear about your mum. At least it was peaceful and dignified. Take care. My thoughts are with you. Love sal xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear your news, Duncan, and please accept my deepest sympathies. It seems your Mum was very cared for and died peacefully. Please take comfort from knowing you did your utmost.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Duncan

So sorry to hear about your mum, she must have been an amazing lady who lived life to the full.

Take comfort in her good life, and peaceful passing. She's now free of disease, and I wish you peace in your heart as you remember her.

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Duncan,

Her care home which she had just gone to near Merton in Oxfordshire gave the the most beautiful caring end and the nurses showed such respect and love to her.

Please accept my sincere condolences Duncan. It must be such a comfort to know that your mother received this love right to the very end.

Love

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Dear Duncan,
My sympathies at the loss of your mother. What mixed emotions you must be going through but, indeed, remember the good days and cherish your family after this horrific journey has ended.
Martina

poppy01

Dec 28, 2009
yorkshire region
Hi Duncan

So sorry to hear about your mom my thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Your mom is at peace now and remember the lovely memories you both had together.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Duncan

My condolences on the loss of your lovely Mum.
DuncanG said:
Live every day and never don't do that fun exciting this that comes your way.
I get the feeling that this is the attitude your Mum passed on to you!

87 years of life, loves, fun, family... It is 8 years since we saw the first symptoms
Duncan, even my rather shakey maths makes that at least 79 years of what sounds like a very full life, and even in the more recent, not-so-good years she was loved & cherished in every way possible.

I know from my own experience that it is hard to see past the vivid and painful memories of the last few years, when Mum was ill and 'not herself'.
However, I hope that you and I will eventually be able to bring back into focus the truly remarkable women our Mums were, and appreciate & celebrate that whole person, and what they achieved.

Best wishes

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
So sorry to hear your sad news, Duncan.
It sounds as though your mum was a great lady.
Thinking of you and your family and sending love,
Nan XXX

mowood

Dec 27, 2009
West Yorkshire
My deepest condolences to you and your family Duncan. Your mum was very lucky to be surrounded by so much love during her life. I hope you can take some comfort from knowing that she's now at rest.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Duncan

Your mum is now at peace. This awful disease can no longer harm her.

Time to take care of yourself now, and when ready, live your life to the full......just as your mum would expect you to do.

Thinking of you and your family.

Love Carina x x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Duncan
Please accept my sincere condolences too. I wish you and your family strength to get through this very difficult time.