Thank you

Sam b

Apr 30, 2020
Dear all,
I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for all the help and support I’ve received in this forum. You have all been an amazing help in caring for my mother for the past few years. Like most of you, I was thrown in the deep end providing 24/7 care for the past two years with no real understanding of dementia and how to make my mum’s life as happy as it could be. The help and advice I’ve received here has been beyond value.
I made many mistakes but the adviice I got here from people who were going through similar problems and challenges was a real practical and emotional help when the professionals really offered nothing.
My mum has now been admitted for respite care and will probably remain in care. It has come to the stage where I can’t meet her care needs and she requires full time professional help. Having her placed in care feels like bereavement and I’m heartbroken but I know it’s the best outcome for her health.
It is only now that I realise what we, the carers, have done.
You are all unsung Heros. What carers do is all too often under appreciated; we give up our lives to do our best for the people we love and usually received no thanks for it.
You’re all doing a fantastic job in a really difficult situation.
If no one has said how much they appreciate what you do please accept my appreciation. You’re making a real difference to make your loved one’s life better.
Thank you

Sarah1208

Jun 22, 2020
Dear all,
I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for all the help and support I’ve received in this forum. You have all been an amazing help in caring for my mother for the past few years. Like most of you, I was thrown in the deep end providing 24/7 care for the past two years with no real understanding of dementia and how to make my mum’s life as happy as it could be. The help and advice I’ve received here has been beyond value.
I made many mistakes but the adviice I got here from people who were going through similar problems and challenges was a real practical and emotional help when the professionals really offered nothing.
My mum has now been admitted for respite care and will probably remain in care. It has come to the stage where I can’t meet her care needs and she requires full time professional help. Having her placed in care feels like bereavement and I’m heartbroken but I know it’s the best outcome for her health.
It is only now that I realise what we, the carers, have done.
You are all unsung Heros. What carers do is all too often under appreciated; we give up our lives to do our best for the people we love and usually received no thanks for it.
You’re all doing a fantastic job in a really difficult situation.
If no one has said how much they appreciate what you do please accept my appreciation. You’re making a real difference to make your loved one’s life better.
Thank you
What a lovely post. My mum went into care 6 weeks ago and yes it really is like a bereavement even though you know it’s for the best. My mum used to thank me for everything I did and would tell people I was amazing. That’s all gone now. I’m the villain that made her leave her home and stopped looking after her. It hurts. But she doesn’t mean it. I’m learning so much from this forum. We don’t give ourselves enough credit. Dementia care is relentless it consumes you. But we do it because we love them.

Sam b

Apr 30, 2020
What a lovely post. My mum went into care 6 weeks ago and yes it really is like a bereavement even though you know it’s for the best. My mum used to thank me for everything I did and would tell people I was amazing. That’s all gone now. I’m the villain that made her leave her home and stopped looking after her. It hurts. But she doesn’t mean it. I’m learning so much from this forum. We don’t give ourselves enough credit. Dementia care is relentless it consumes you. But we do it because we love them.
Awe Sarah, I know what you’re going through. You’ve done your best for your mum and your love and concern are causing any hurt you feel now, we can only look on our situation as a new future and look on things as a new beginning. A new chapter we should look on with renewed optimism.

Sam b

Apr 30, 2020
Awe Sarah, I know what you’re going through. You’ve done your best for your mum and your love and concern are causing any hurt you feel now, we can only look on our situation as a new future and look on things as a new beginning. A new chapter we should look on with renewed optimism.
Ps. You’re no villain, you’re a hero

mysanity

Jun 18, 2019
You are all heroes, amazing individuals. Only a person that has experienced caring for a person with dementia can truly, understand what it is like. There are some amazing professionals, and there are text book and theory professionals. When I read some peoples journeys on this forum, I can literally feel the emotions in their words. I am inspired by every last one of you.