Thank you TP users

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I just wanted to say after joining TP I feel so much better.
Every night once I have got Mum settled I'm straight onto my tablet and checking out daily threads where through reading all your post I have gained so much knowledge. I just wanted to thank all the TP users for sharing their experiences and making me feel not so isolated.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi Rosy18 - it's great here isn't it? Of course it would be so much better if we didn't have to be here at all but it is an absolute lifeline. Hope all's well with you this evening x

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hi Rosy18 - it's great here isn't it? Of course it would be so much better if we didn't have to be here at all but it is an absolute lifeline. Hope all's well with you this evening x

Cheers HillyBilly and yes thank you Mum only anxious at sundowning for around an hour this evening but now fast asleep to calm night. Hope all is well with you also

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It's got to be one of the best self help sites around. I had so many issues with my mother a few years ago getting help and advise without the internet and to be fair many are still in that position. I regularly talk (mainly to elderly partners) of the residents and they don't have the internet or indeed a computer. I feel so sorry for them as they get pushed from pillar to post for every bit of help and advise and have no ability to check if what they're told is right or wrong,
It's a sad situation when help from peers and charities have to pick up the pieces in a situation like this.
K

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
None of us ever wanted to be here - and many of us are no longer actively caring for our loved ones with dementia. And when we started on this site, we could never see that day coming. But we have survived and we are still here. TP is like one of those huge, multi-generational extended families, where a problem shared is a problem not just halved, but shared out among many.

camkam

Jul 20, 2015
I agree, it's one of the best forums available, and whatever problem you have, someone has already experienced it and/or can offer good advice. Sometimes people outside of the family unit can look at problems more objectively. I think TP is brilliant! It also makes you realise that a lot of people are in much worse situations than you!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

care2share

Jun 14, 2015
London
I agree, it's one of the best forums available, and whatever problem you have, someone has already experienced it and/or can offer good advice. Sometimes people outside of the family unit can look at problems more objectively. I think TP is brilliant! It also makes you realise that a lot of people are in much worse situations than you!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

I so agree too. It helps take away some of the loneliness of the situation. I take my hat off to those who are still TPing after the care situation has ended for them. Caring, whether your loved one is in a care home or not, whether parent, partner or friend is very difficult. It's a very bumpy ride. It would be so easy for these folks to just then consider it an S.E.P. "somebody else's problem" but they don't, for which I'm so grateful. I often look at the amount of posts someone has made and wonder how many hours, weeks, months or years they have spent helping others. Thank you so much TPers.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
It's got to be one of the best self help sites around. I had so many issues with my mother a few years ago getting help and advise without the internet and to be fair many are still in that position. I regularly talk (mainly to elderly partners) of the residents and they don't have the internet or indeed a computer. I feel so sorry for them as they get pushed from pillar to post for every bit of help and advise and have no ability to check if what they're told is right or wrong,
It's a sad situation when help from peers and charities have to pick up the pieces in a situation like this.
K

So very true Kevin1 but thank God for people like yourself with so much knowledge to share re this painful journey we are all on

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Absolutely agree. TP has been so helpful, from the outset when my parents were diagnosed with AD and throughout until recently with their move into a CH. Amazing group of people! Gx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi rosy18. TP is definitely something that has been a stable influence on this journey with my mum . I have made many virtual friends through it , whose wise words have helped me tremendously . You are never alone and no question is ever deemed inappropriate or 'silly', so ask away and someone will be along to help. I hope you and your mum are doing ok ? I look after my mum too . It's difficult at times , as you will agree, but we wouldn't have it any other way . Remember to take care of yourself too . Best wishes to you both , Lou X

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hi rosy18. TP is definitely something that has been a stable influence on this journey with my mum . I have made many virtual friends through it , whose wise words have helped me tremendously . You are never alone and no question is ever deemed inappropriate or 'silly', so ask away and someone will be along to help. I hope you and your mum are doing ok ? I look after my mum too . It's difficult at times , as you will agree, but we wouldn't have it any other way . Remember to take care of yourself too . Best wishes to you both , Lou X

Thank you so much Lou and you are so right despite the awful times Mum is still here and I cherish each day.
I hope you and your Mum are doing OK also xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
No problem Rosy18, keep posting and remember we are always here to listen . Best wishes to you and your mum , Lou xx

mot

May 4, 2016
USA
I, too, thank all of you TP users!!!! This has been a life saving experience for me!! I look forward to my quiet time every day to log in and read the most recent posts. There's always something that makes me smile, cry, and gives me HOPE for tomorrow. I am so thankful you all are faithful to share and post!

This is a journey. We each begin feeling alone. Overwhelmed. Defeated. Talking Point provides a safe place to share questions, concerns, heartaches and issues surrounding our roles as caregivers.

Grateful, I am!!!!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
It does start to feel like a big supportive family...it's a life saver for me too, so many kind and understanding people....THANKYOU TP.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti