1. Michelle-A

Michelle-A Registered User

Feb 5, 2005
    Essex
    #1 Michelle-A, May 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
    I Just wanted to post a message to say a big thank you to Connie....
    My mum was moved to Manchester from Essex 4 years ago as there were no appropriate homes in our area at that time.
    She became very sick and travelling back and forth to Manchester all the time was causing additional stress for my sister and I.
    Last year Connie recommended xxxxxx xxxxx a nursing home in Essex and after 10 months of battling with the PCT we finally got mum moved back to Essex this weekend.
    I cannot tell you what a huge relief this is knowing she is so close to us and if it wasn't for Connie we would never have found this place.
    Thank you to Connie and Talking point.
    Michelle. xxx

2. lesmisralbles

lesmisralbles Account Closed

Nov 23, 2007
    That is so wonderful for you. :)
    Barb & Ron

3. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Hello:
    It is good to hear your good news about the transfer of your Mum.

I feel many of us have to appreciate Connie's help, support and advice, for lots of varying reasons.

So well done for starting this thread! :)
    Best wishes Jan

4. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Michelle. thank you so much for the update. Have wondered how you and your sister had fared, re trying to get your dear mum moved nearer to youurselves.

With my Moderators hat on:
    Michelle and I were in PM communication. I knew of a local home that could/would accommodate someone at the stage Michelle's mother was at

I am so glad things worked out well for you. Very best wishes and hopes that the future is kinder to you.

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Connie, welcome back!

I didn't think you'd be home yet, so I borrowed your hug to send to bel, she needed it! Sorry!

Hope to have a full account of the holiday.

Love,