Thank you, Moderators

Stimpfig

Oct 15, 2005
Germany/India
Dear Moderators

I just felt the urge to thank each one of you (moderators and TP members) for responding so patiently to so many of us here on TP, the old and the new members, over and over again. I am writing with deep feeling: I have had some difficulties presently and have felt, yet once again, the importance of sharing, of having just someone out there who will understand and respond without being judgmental.

Thank you once again, for that shoulder, for that kind word and for that invaluable support.

A sentimental Sue Stimpfig

Last edited:

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
How I agree, Sue. I don't know what I would have done without this place to offload, and the support which is always there. Lulu

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Sue and Lulu,

Thanks for your kind messages.

Nada said:
I am a paid worker for the Society and this is my job.

Without Nada, none of us moderators/hosts would be here. The start up of Talking Point was, as far as I know, a task that Nada took on that was not part of her job. As such I at least see Nada as a moderator/host and not as an employee! :)

We also need to thank Craig for the initial idea. :D

I can only speak for myself, but I have certainly gained at least as much - most likely very much more - than I have ever given here. The opportunity to pull something positive [by way of sharing experiences]out of the ashes of my life and Jan's has been a godsend.

We have a very special community here! I have gained some really good friends here and the sad thing is that I will be unlikely ever to meet most of them in person! [probably a good thing for them as I'd only scare them :eek: ]

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi all, TP is all of us, all working together with unconditional love and sharing, so we become one voice. I am often humbled by the things you all cope with, communal pat on the back I think. :) I also echo Brucies thoughts, except, I know Brucie and he ain't scary at all!! :D ;) Lotsaluv, She. XX :)

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I too have gained as much from TP as I have put in.
I can emphasize because I have been there,all except the final heartbreakwhich I know when it comes I will have my wonderful TP family to get me through it.
I agree with Bruce Nada supports us all,without her there would be no TP.
I gave a definition of TP as I see it a long time back,here is another:
TP is a refuge,a safe harbour,full of hope,help and mutual support,where we can be safe at least for a while from the stormy raging sea of AD.
Warm Wishes
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
As a very new moderator I say "thank you", but echo the comments that T.P. is all of us pulling together to assist each and everybody to come through this experience stronger. I know I have needed much support inthe past, will need more in the future, but always feel better for knowing that the 'family' is out there for all. God bless, Connie

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
hi

all I wanted to do was echo most of the comments here and thank everyone
without this site, the forum and the help and support of so many people (all with thier own issues and problems to deal with) I know that I would not have managed up to this point

might not post very often but do read a lot and helps as things change with Mums behaviour, have been able to pre-warn Dad about mood swings, mums 'imaginary friends' and the occasional abuse/ violence which sadly I've been a victim of myself (wont tell you what she called us but wasnt nice, made worse as one of her new "friends" she calls after me, and Dad and the others thinks she means me)

I am sadly back in hospital on a regular basis and back having councelling having take a turn for the worse, but I'm still getting help from you all, and time I came here and thanked you, can I just add Daughters name to the list, cos she's been awesome for me over recent times, and I wish I could return the favour.

You're all great
Keep it going
words arent enough but it's all I got today

TED xxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Amen to all that, and more.

Moderators, Nada, please don't sell yourselves short. You are making a HUGE difference to the lives of 'new' AD carers and sufferers. One can read medical reports until the cows come home, but they don't offer the understanding and empathy that TP does.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hear hear!

A big thanks from me too - to Nada (whatever they pay, it's not enough!) and to all the mods - who are also rockers like all of us - on that rocky raft in (Norm's) raging AD sea.

And speaking of cows coming home, Ted, how's Daisy?

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Ted, so sorry to hear things are difficult for you at present. We are all here for you, never forget that. Love to you and Daisy, She. XX

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Everyone
I too am a new mod, but have been with TP since March 2004.
TP has been my lifeline. The members here have picked me up emotionally many a time and put me back on my feet.

Nada and Craig are stars for all that they have started and continued with such commitment. The rest of the mods have been rocks to me through my time as a carer and my mother's death this year. And I've had fun too with many of the TP members with Magic's wedding. This is a bittersweet forum, a family, a pair of big fluffy wings to climb beneath for shelther and comfort.
Thanks to all for making it this.

Thinking of you Ted and Daisy too!