Thank you, Dad passed away today

noodle31

May 1, 2005
kent
Thank you

Thank you for all your kind words.....I think I am still numb..I can barely cry....

Everything seems so surreal

I keep asking myself is this real?

Maybe one day soon I will wake up and he will be well and laughing

love Jane x

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
dad

My dad went a year ago in 2 weeks time Jane and I still don't think it's real. I also still haven't had a really good cry.

Wherever our Dads are Jane they WILL be well and laughing.

Love Twink/Sue

Finnian

Sep 26, 2005
U.K.
A good dad will always be by your side whether you can see him or not. You carry his love with you.

Don't worry about the funeral. It will come and go. Grasp it and make it how you want it to be - a special goodbye for your Dad. If religion is a comfort for you choose a favourite hymn or reading, if not a special poem or a few words read by somone who can mange the occasion. Or do something as a family to celebrate your love for this special man.

When my mum died my children were primary school age so we had a private time when they sent a helium balloon with little loves (drawings) to heaven to be with Granny. Mum had left a little bit of money especially so we could take her grandchildren out and make their time together memorable because it was a great day. It helped us adults too.

Lots of hugs
Finnian

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Finnian is right a good dad is always with you.

When my Dad died last year my six year old said Grandad was safe in her heart, she worries about Mum who has AD and says she is "nowhere at the moment" but when she dies she will be safe in her heart with Grandad.

Children seem to get straight to the point sometimes.

Your Dad will always be real to your children if you talk to them about him, my husbands parents died over 20 years ago and all our daughters talk about them even though only our eldest has a memory of his Dad, his Mum died before any of them were born.

All my thoughts are with you.

Kathleen
xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger