Thank you, Dad passed away today

noodle31

May 1, 2005
kent
dear friends

i thought I would take a moment and update you.

dad passed away at 3.10pm today, mum was holding his hand, and both my brothers were by his side.

I stayed home with my baby, I lit a candle for dad on the gratefulness site, and prayed for him to be at rest.

I feel numb....

Mum is seeming to be coping ok, but i think she has grieved lots already.

We dont know as yet when the funeral will be, possibly not til after christmas.

When I think of the funeral I feel panic rise up, I dont know how any of us will cope.......I have only ever been to one, and have avoided them since.

I miss my dad, I kept seeing his laughing smiling face today.....I watched my baby playing and thought what a wonderful man she will now never know.

He wasnt perfect, who is? He was stubborn, and at times very tunnel visioned, but he loved us all, and we loved him.

The world is now short one very special man

Rest in Peace dad, I love you

oonaghw

Dec 4, 2005
isle of man
much love

Hi

Just wanted to say how great it is that you can remember a special dad - a one that loved you all so much. Wish I could say the hurt and the pain will disappear soon - but it won't only time will make it easier.

You will cope - we all do - your baby will know your dad because you will talk about him you will pass on those lovely memories. keep them close to your heart and be happy to have known a loving dad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time

Oonagh

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
So sorry to hear of your sad news. Peace at last for your father. This will be such a difficult time. My thoughts and sympathies are with you.

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
Hugs

Just wanted to add my condolences. Keep the good times close to your heart and remember we are all thinking about you and your family.

I am sending you a very big hug. God bless.
Katie x

janew

Mar 28, 2005
Dear Noodle,

Just wanted to send my sympathy to you as well. I am not very good with words at a time like this but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family.

Jane

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
I know how you feel

Lulu said:
So very, very sorry to hear your news , Noodle.

Hi Noodle,

I am so sorry to read your news. My Dad passed (not from AD) on Boxing Day last year and the nearer it gets the more I'm thinking about him and feeling upset. You will cope at his funeral, we all do. It's something you dread and you feel sick but you will get through it. Like my Dad, he is at peace now and not suffering. My granddaughter was born one week before Dad passed and he would have loved her but as she grows, she will know of him as we all have photos of him and talk abut him. He wasn't perfect but we THOUGHT he was and that's all that matters.

Thinking of you.

Love Twink/Sue x x

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
So sorry to hear of your sad news. Let me tell you though it will get better after the funeral. These always seem "limbo" days. I was told by people that once the funeral is over things start to get better and I didn't believe them, but they did. You can't see that now and don't even try.

On a positive note, why don't you go and see your Doctor. I saw mine and she gave me 2 5mg Valium. Take one a couple of hours before the funeral and it may help. I did with my dad's funeral and I sailed through it when I thought I was going to be a wreck.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Dear Noodle

My Dad passed away 3 years tomorrow with Mum holding his hand and me by his side. It seems like yesterday it is still so clear in my mind. But I can now look back and be very thankful that he finally found peace.

Your Dad has now also found peace. Stay Strong, you Dad lives on in you and your family

Love
Kriss

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Deepest sympathy Noodle, I know how much the loss hurts and I pray in time it will get easier for you.
Take care,
Debbie

soozieann

Dec 7, 2005
Wallington
So sorry Noodle, my prayers are with you and your family. My Dad passed away on the 23rd December 1983, it can be difficult at this time of year especially.

Try not to worry about the funeral, try to see it as a way of celebrating your father's life.

My son didn't know my father, but he knows so much about him from my memories and photographs, just like your baby will.

Take good care of yourself.

Deepest sympathy
Soozieann

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryMc086