Thank you and Goodbye!

Zooey

Sep 5, 2007
East Sussex
www.elements.uk.com
Well... after refusing food for over four weeks, my Mum passed away just three hours after the end of her 85th birthday. The final week was not pleasant, but I'm sure it could have been far worse. The funeral was today and it couldn't have gone any better. The sun shone, more people turned up than expected and I didn't feel the need to cry. Oh... I daresay there will be plenty of that to come, but today I was truly happy that my Mum is now at peace.

I would like to thank all of you on this forum for your support over the past few months. Part of me would love to stay, but you know my situation - 40 animals at home and a busy job. I can't post from work and finding the time in the evenings is next to impossible. I will probably follow your stories during my lunch breaks and I would like to wish for you everything that you would wish for yourselves. Take care and be kind to yourselves. You are all remarkable human beings. :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Daer Zooey, a final post and a sad one.

Sorry to read about you dear mum, and that she lost her final battle. Things had been going downhill for her for some little while now, and now she will be at peace.

Thank you for coming to say goodbye. Fully understand your situation. Look after yourself now.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Zooey

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's death. You take time for yourself now (if you can find the time in your busy schedule :)).

Love

Louise.D

Apr 13, 2007
Essex
Zooey,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I lost my mum last Wednesday so they are now both at peace.

I wish you (and the animals) all the best.

Louise

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Zooey,

Thanks for taking the time so say aurovoir and sorry for your sad news. I totally understand moving on, there comes a time for everyone.

love
Craig

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Zooey

I'm so sorry to hear of your mum's passing. I'm glad she was peaceful at the end, and the funersl was so lovely.

I hope all goes well for you and all your animals. If you feel like joining us again at some time, you'll always be welcome.

Love,

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Zooey, so sorry to hear the news, but glad you were heartened by the funeral.

Pick up on here now and again, we don't like to lose touch, we gain a lot of respect for the people we talk to, they are a part of our lives.

Good luck with the animals.

Love to you and your family

Margaret

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Zooey,

Sorry to hear that your mum passed away she is at peace now.... free of all fear and torment.

I wish you well in the future take good care.

Love Taffy.

117katie

Dear Zooey,

I do so hope and trust that you will continue to be "truly happy" that your Mum is now at peace. I know how you feel now, and I sincerely hope that you will continue to feel comfortable with that thought.

It might sound strange to say that I am so pleased that "the funeral couldn't have gone better" - and that you "didn't feel the need to cry". Me too!! Exactly how I felt, and exactly how I am trying to feel today.

But, the tears will flow, and flow, and flow. And ... WHY NOT?

The "remarkable human beings" are the ones we are/were caring for, and losing, and wishing they were still with us. But they aren't, and they can't be. So we will just get on with whatever we have to get on with. We will survive.

And we will preserve the memory!!!

KATIE

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
But, the tears will flow, and flow, and flow. And ... WHY NOT?

And why not? Yes, it's lovely when someone has a peaceful end, and a beautiful funeral.

But at some time the loss will be felt, and the tears will flow. We've lost someone very special from our life, and we wouldn't be human if we didn't feel grief.

And we will preserve the memory!!!

Of course you will, Katie. Your relative will live on as long as you live, because of the influence she has had in your own life.

Love,

117katie

Thanks, Hazel.

She will. Believe me, SHE WILL.

I did all I could for her when she was alive, and I will continue to do all I can do for her but now in memory of her.

Also, for all that she stood for, which was: as she always called it HOT, meaning that she was HONEST, OPEN and TRUTHFUL.

What more could a girl ask for?

She was one seriously HOT lady, and I will continue to try to be so too.

Katie

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Sorry for your loss Zooey but thank you for posting. Glad your Mum is now at peace.

Take care of yourself.

Love Linda x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Zooey,

I have followed your posts about your Mum and was sorry to hear she had passed away.

Hope to 'see' you again, but understand the animals come first!

Take care.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Zooey,
My condolences on the sad loss of your Mum. It is lovely to know she had a peaceful end and a fine send off. Good to see you are taking comfort from these facts. May your beloved animals fill your days with happiness in the time ahead. Every best wish as you face the next phase in your life.