Thank you all!

Germains Sister

Feb 17, 2008
:)A brief message from Germain's sister for all those who contribute to the threads and posts. I have only just joined the site, but have been avidly following advice and tips sent to Germain in answer to her queries. Thank you to everyone for supporting Germain and indirectly myself throughout the many ups and downs of Mum's alzheimers. As all of you who have read Germain's post will know, Mum died this morning at 3a.m. and although we obviously feel a sense of loss and a great void opening up, to reiterate Germain's comments, we should give three cheers as Mum had a good, happy 85 years of life and still managed to retain a sense of mischievous humour even towards the end (she always managed to gently smack a carer's bum as she passed - with a cheeky grin on her face whilst doing so!). I hope I'm still like that at 85!
Thank you all again for your support - invaluable. :):):)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh bless you sound like a very close family , thank - you for posting

your mother must of been a lovely lady to have brought up lovely daughters like you both

can only imagine how your missing your mother xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Germain's sister, and welcome to TP. I echo your sentiments, I too hope to have a cheeky grin on my face to the end.

Your mum must have been a lovely lady.

Love,

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi

Welcome to TP.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, I am glad that both you and Germain have found TP to be of some help to you and I hope it continues to be.

My thoughts are with both you and Germain and the rest of your family at this sad time.

Take Care
Clare

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Welcome to TP! It is lovely to read of two people who have faced the "dementia journey" with their beloved Mum and still reached the end with such wonderful attitudes towards everything! Thank you! Your optimism and Germain's are rays of light in a dark tunnel. May your marvellous memories of your wonderful mother comfort you both in the time ahead.