Thank heavens for friends who are angels!

tiggs72

Jul 15, 2013
Thought I'd make a more positive post today ! I'm so lucky to have a best mate who has picked me up while I was so down!

She's sorting the issues with the carers, doing dads cleaning and washing and keeping a daily eye on him! Just so I can carry on working to pay the bills - I'm so lucky to have a friend who can do all that! She takes her baby with him who dad loves and perks up for every time he seems him (even if he does think its his grandson!).

X

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Think that's lovely. What a wonderful friend.

I have a friend who has taken it upon herself to visit my Mum in her CH once a week. I can't tell you how grateful I feel for this. My mum, although completely muddled, always remembers the visits. Having a 'real person' visitor instead of just a daughter is really good for Mum's self esteem.

xx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
We spent a weekend recently at the home of friends who were SO understanding...they distracted my husband so gently which gave me some breathing space, treated him normally but with imagination, so that he never noticed how they were subtly making allowances for him, and we both had a stress free weekend.

And they made me promise that we, or i, would come back to them any time we wanted to....

I believe in angels....

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You must be an angelic friend too tiggs. To make a friend , first we need to be a friend.

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Hi Tiggs 72
I agree about the angels. I have a couple of friends who fit that description as well. One I have known all my life. Our mothers made friends in ante natal classes so I kind of knew her before we were even born in a way. Our other friend we met when we started school. Without them I dont think I would be coping now.

Last edited: