Tests set for tomorrow

Sringtime

Jan 9, 2014
Cheshire
Hi, Just wanted to say hubby goes in to hospital tomorrow for various tests, he will be in for a few days. Tests are because he has problems with his breathing, and has lost a lot of weight and muscles are wasting. He was diagnosed in Feb of this year with Vascular Dementia, but the Neurologist who saw him in August and who is doing the tests etc tomorrow, seemed to think it was Frontal lobe Dementia. My concern is that this morning he woke up and thought he was on holiday and we needed to get up early to get the plane home. This was not usual for him to be as confused as he was, and I am worried that it is being brought on by the thought of going into hospital, so am now worried how he will manage in hospital without me to keep an eye on him and understand fully what is going on.:(

Sringtime

Jan 9, 2014
Cheshire

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hi Sringtime I hope everything goes well for your husband in hospital. I'm glad others recommended the This is me leaflet. I have one for my husband and left it when my husband had to go into hospital after a fall. The staff said they found it really helpful and my husband was quite calm and OK, although it was only a 48 hour stay.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbH