Terry Pratchett

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
Russellgww,

Thanks very much for your excellent post on the subject, you sum it up very well. As someone who spent a lot longer in Intensive Care than was expected after major surgery for cancer; it was touch and go as to whether I'd make it. Many days since I've wished it was my last. I've had more bad days than good of late, but when the good days come they give me hope and an appreciation of life.
Just like when I was caring for my wife I accept each day as it comes as though it is our last.
Crazy as it may seem to many I'm so scared of losing control of my life that I run three and a half miles every morning at 04.30AM. It take a great effort, but it feels good to know that I can still do it.
One day at a time, you never know what's round the bend, I just might be!

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
I have no idea which category I would fall into if the time came for me to confront these issues myself. I rather fear that I might be tempted to take "the easy option" but I guess that many people felt that way and then somehow found an inner strength they didn't know existed.

Russell, hello
I find this very interesting, I read your post out loud and then talked it through a bit and we both made diametrically opposed assumptions of what the 'easy option' was and what would take more 'inner strength'.

I think it's a good topic to talk over and only by doing so will we be able to understand a little more about each other, our lives and expections.
With kind regards from Jo