Terry Pratchett Radio 4

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
For those that missed it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/ontheropes.shtml?focuswin
Click on the listen again link.

"Terry Pratchett has sold more than 55 million books worldwide. He was the UK’s best selling author until JK Rowling came along, he’s been awarded an OBE and won the prestigious Carnegie Medal for Literature. He’s a multi-millionaire and his fans love him - and he has an awful lot of them. But he hasn’t got his health. He’s been diagnosed with a rare form of Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 60. For this week’s On The Ropes he talks to John Humphries about his life, his work and how he’s coping with a disease that - so far - has no cure. "

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone caught this but I thought Terry was amazing. He spoke with such clarity about his illness and how it had impacted his life. He had so much respect for others in the same position. His optomism and openess was inspiring.

I loved his analogy of aricept lifting the fog of the illness, something I could see with my dad many moons ago.

Appreciate he is not everyone's cup of tea but thought it was a great inspiring interview, particulary for anyone who is recently diagnosed.

Kind Regards
Craig

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Hi Craig,

I caught this in the car - vg interview and didn't he deal well with the JK Rowling obsession !

Very interesting to learn about a different form of AZ also.
The Aricept comment was very perceptive and he had sister and I in absolute stitches re the "over 50's treasure hunt"

Regards
Germain

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great interview, I too loved the over fifties treasure hunt! But then again I've laughed out loud at this man's books for years!:D

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Not sure if anyone caught this but I thought Terry was amazing. He spoke with such clarity about his illness and how it had impacted his life. He had so much respect for others in the same position. His optomism and openess was inspiring.

I thought that also what clarity of thought he spoke with , yes it was very inspiring, also the lady who had AZ that was playing tennis I found her inspiring also .

I do hope they follow both they story as the disease progress like they did on the that TV show if they allow it , as it was only on for around 15 min .