Terrible evening

Rainie48

Jul 1, 2015
Cambridgeshire
My Mum has not not eaten anything for weeks, she is taking little fluids on board, and is losing weight rapidly and to even get a drink into her is a very a long patient process.
Tonight the carer was very upset and advised me on calling the Doctor and maybe discuss End of Life Care, I have had this thought many times my self in recent weeks.
My mum is so agitated and distressed it is horrible to watch, I'm sure she is unwell and it is not the dementia, she keeps rubbing her head and babbling. Ambulance was called and we decided to have her treated at home not in hospital as all her Stats are fine, possibly a water infection?
I'm just so sure that she is unwell and it is not the dementia. Feeling very sad and emotional, just wish they could fix my Mum. I feel like she is starving herself to death

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry things are so bad for you all. It really is hard to feel so helpless. I'm glad you've felt able to share here. I hope that helps a little. I hope your mum's GP is helpful re end of life care. I found my mum's GPs marvellous.

mrs mcgonnagal

May 9, 2015
Dear rainie
I don't know if your situation could be helped by this, but my mam recently went through a period of high anxiety, very distressed, stopped eating for periods or ate everything in sight. I was told its the dementia. Eventually, she was prescribed pregabalin, and it has made a huge difference. It might not be the same for you but I had to mention it, in case, it might be worth talking to the memory clinic about it. Best wishes x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti