tena lady or cheaper alternative

gigglegirl

Dec 15, 2010
west mdlands
hi just a quick question bout ma bought some tena lady pants for the first time the other day 7 for about £6...she is fine with regards to using the loo at the mo it is just as she "totters" when walking she may pee just a little as she cannot get to the loo in time. Has anyone found a website i can buy cheater ladys "tena" pants from? or alternatives thanks in advance xxxxx

DozyDoris

Jan 27, 2009
Suffolk
We've been using long lenght night time sanetry pads for Dad for ages and they've done the trick :). This week I've just had to progress to pull on pants as it's a bigger issue!!!!:eek:
Sains do a line of own brand tenner type pads that should do the trick for little mistakes.
I'll be on the phone to the continance nurse on Monday:(
Good luck

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Boots also do an own brand, and you can get 10% off if you join their health club. I used them for John, they were fine.

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi, Gigglegirl, have you a continence nurse in your area you can contact, you may be able to have tena pull up supplys free of charge, my wife gets 3 months tenas delivered at a time.

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Yes i agree with bigtom ,i also get the pants every 3 monthe, the only thing i have receaved of eny use. couldent be without them now.. love miss cool.xxxxxx

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
...she is fine with regards to using the loo at the mo it is just as she "totters" when walking she may pee just a little as she cannot get to the loo in time.

I was wondering, if it is just a bit of a "dribble" at the moment, if pants are really needed or whether you could buy the Tena pads in the supermarket. They do several sizes and would work out quite a bit cheaper than the pants.

Otherwise, if the problem is more substantial you could ask the GP to refer to the Incontinence Adviser (probably a District Nurse) and you may get something suitable on the NHS. I say "may" as Mum has heavy incontinence and NHS only supply suitable products for daytime.

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Hi,
Can I ask where you get the tena pants delivered 3 months at a time from - is that through the incontinence nurse?

I have recently introduced Tena pants to my mum on the advice of her care manager as she was starting to put the pads down the toilet and obviously this causes problems! Mum seems to have taken to them fine thankfully, but I am also trying to work out the cheapest way of buying them.

I would have thought that even if they aren't willing to supply them free of charge to us yet, it would cheaper buying in bulk from them. (Mum's problem is classed as stress incontinence as it is always on the way to the loo, the message has reached the brain but she can't hold on until reaching the loo. This has been going on for at least two years and has been a big problem in keeping her clean, dry and smelling pleasant!!! The pants seem like a godsend and I wish I'd used them earlier - but are expensive.)
love Gill x

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Gigglegirl, we cant get the pant style on NHS, so i have to buy the pant style. We use Asdas own make, 2 sizes medium and large, and they have 10 for £5.00, like your mum mine walks slowly and cant always get there in time, so it is better to be safe than always sorry. Pads are ok but often i find them sticking out at odd angles etc, of the tacky bits don't do the job and so on, so i would check out Asdas own make, very good and absorb very well for both continence problems.

good luck

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI Amber the incontinence nurse came and the work with the s s and at no cost to me i get them every 3 monthes. hope this helps.

best of luck , miss cool, xxxxxxxxx

laece

Dec 13, 2010
Gloucester
Bigtom is right - every Primary Care Trust has a Continence Advisory Service who will give do an assessment (which usually involves 3 days worth of recording fluid imput, output and which episodes are incontinance) and prescribe pads for free according to the results.

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Thank you, I will check about the Incontinence nurse and check out Asda and Superdrug own brands in the mean time.
love Gill x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhubarb1989