Temperature

starry eyes

Apr 10, 2018
hi my mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and we are at the beginning of the journey so I am sure I will have lots of questions. Can anyone tell me is it typical behaviour to keep heating full on as it is so hot but mum say she cold?
Thanks in advance

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
hi my mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and we are at the beginning of the journey so I am sure I will have lots of questions. Can anyone tell me is it typical behaviour to keep heating full on as it is so hot but mum say she cold?
Thanks in advance
Hello and welcome to TP. I'm sure you will find this an informative place.
With my wife, also Alzheimer's, her thermostat seems to have gone haywire - cold when it's hot to others, warm when it's cold to others. Ability to dress appropriately for the weather has also been diminished in my wife's case. It makes for discomfort for the carer as it's impossible to convince a person with dementia that what they think is correct is, in fact incorrect.

starry eyes

Apr 10, 2018
Hello and welcome to TP. I'm sure you will find this an informative place.
With my wife, also Alzheimer's, her thermostat seems to have gone haywire - cold when it's hot to others, warm when it's cold to others. Ability to dress appropriately for the weather has also been diminished in my wife's case. It makes for discomfort for the carer as it's impossible to convince a person with dementia that what they think is correct is, in fact incorrect.
Thanks​

starry eyes

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for your reply. Yes it’s very difficult sitting in boiling temperatures but I suppose this is just one of the many changes we have to face. All very daunting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa