Telling Fibs

sunlover

Dec 6, 2011
Today family looked after hubby whilst I went out.On collecting him daughter was very cross with me as she said her Dad said I never tell him what we are doing,I explained last night and twice this morning when I mentioned to him daughter was cross he said it was a joke.On returning home he wanted to phone her but I know the words would not come out.Am very upset so just needed to talk!

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
take it with a pinch of salt,my wife always tells the kids i've not fed her or made her a coffee,but the difference is my kids know it's the alzheimer's because they are fully aware of the ins and outs of the disease and they know i wouldn't do such a thing.surely your daughter should know you well enough and be aware enough to understand it's the illness talking.

sunlover

Dec 6, 2011
take it with a pinch of salt,my wife always tells the kids i've not fed her or made her a coffee,but the difference is my kids know it's the alzheimer's because they are fully aware of the ins and outs of the disease and they know i wouldn't do such a thing.surely your daughter should know you well enough and be aware enough to understand it's the illness talking.
Thank you it's lovely to have someone to talk to ,feel so much better!

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Surely your daughter must realise that there is little or no short term memory? I tell my husband about plans but he either doesn't remember or thinks whatever it is is going to happen straight away. Then we have hours of 'are we going now'. It's easier to tell him just before something is due to happen. Do sympathise it's so hard.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

goodtotalkC

May 2, 2015
timings.

Surely your daughter must realise that there is little or no short term memory? I tell my husband about plans but he either doesn't remember or thinks whatever it is is going to happen straight away. Then we have hours of 'are we going now'. It's easier to tell him just before something is due to happen. Do sympathise it's so hard.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Yes I am finding it better to tell my OH the morning we are going anywhere different as I I tell him before he wakes up more worried than usual ( AND HE WAKES UP WORRIED DAILY!) He has not much concept of time anyway. So I just say ` you have plenty of time to walk down and get the paper and come home` then we will get ready. He does accuse me of not telling him anything, but I think its less stressful for him.