Tell Us Once Service - Winter Fuel Payment Notification?

Snafs

Jan 2, 2018
Hopefully a very simple question:

The "Tell Us Once" service you can use after the death of a loved one.

Their site says the following:
=================
You’ll also need:
=================
details of any benefits or entitlements they were getting - for example State Pension
details of any local council services they were getting - for example Blue Badge

Now of course when the time comes to it, I would fill in the state pension, as that's the only main/repeating benefit ever being given, so telling the "Tell Us Once" service will stop this.
But what about Winter Fuel Payments?
Is that another additional thing that needs to be detailed, or is it, as far as DWP concerned linked to the State Pension,
and does not have to individually be mentioned as a benefit on the form?
So it just gets automatically cancelled when the state pension is cancelled?

Naturally I have basic pension info, but no info for winter fuel as it just used to arrive automatically.

Thanks in advance.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
theres usually a letter that arrives to say when its going in the bank.his national insurance number is usually reference number for all benefits including state pension.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Snafs Eligibility for the winter fuel payment is dependant on being in receipt of a state pension or other social security benefit (and living in the UK for at least 1 day during the 'qualifying week' ). On notifying of a death it will therefore be automatically cancelled at the same time as the state pension/other benefits are stopped.

For info, here's a link explaining fuel payment eligibility:

Snafs

Jan 2, 2018
Ah, thanks to you both, that's great news.
I have Pension Statement Letters which have I hope all the details on that would cover the details they need to know.
In our case it should be very straightforward as it's just as I said a Pension and Winter Fuel Payment.
Don't even think there was a bus pass(even if that's a thing), certainly there has been nothing come thru the door related to a bus pass for the past 3 to 4 years.