Television programme talking to families dealing with dementia

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thanks for the link, Greig.

I have only just had the chance to watch this programme and I thought it excellent. Tremendously sad and moving. Yes we do need more programmes like this.

My thanks to you, Greg, and Andrea. nice to hear from you I have great admiration for both couples taking part, and for their open honesty. Yes it did take a lot of courage.

Thank you.

Loo

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
I've just watched this via the link posted - thanks for putting that on.

Very moving, and informative.... and illustrating that there is no "one size fits all" with dementia.

This would be good as a "sticky" for those coming across the AS website as a newcomer, or seeking information at the beginning of the journey.

Well done to the couples who took part - thank you to them for their honest and open telling of their stories, and I wish both of them the best for whatever is to come.

greglewis

Sep 22, 2011
I've just watched this via the link posted - thanks for putting that on.

Very moving, and informative.... and illustrating that there is no "one size fits all" with dementia.

This would be good as a "sticky" for those coming across the AS website as a newcomer, or seeking information at the beginning of the journey.

Well done to the couples who took part - thank you to them for their honest and open telling of their stories, and I wish both of them the best for whatever is to come.

Thanks both for your messages. I wonder if there is a moderator who might consider making the thread a 'sticky' for a time.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
A very sensitive programme. It was lovely for me to see both couples, sad though to see the decline in Ann. Jim however looks as good as when I last saw him (but I know looks can deceive)

I wish the other ITV channels would show this especially the north west as many of us here in north Wales don't get the Welsh channel and if you haven't got sky or a computer :eek:

gjold1

Oct 4, 2011
Cardiff Bay (The Docks!)
Living with Dementia - Follow up to Wales this Week

Thanks go out to all, for your kind messages.. Greg & team from ITV we've been in touch via twitter but I just wanted to add my thanks again via 'talking point'.. Andrea (my sister) has said it all, already but in a nut shell... Our story is our story. However, we want to be able to help as many people as possible who are suffering... NO ONE should suffer alone.. You have access to my details, buzz me.. In the words of 'Alexandre Dumas' - all for one and one for all.... G :)) X

greglewis

Sep 22, 2011
Dementia Film Nominated For Award

Thanks to everyone who supported our film 'Living With Dementia'.

The programme was now been shortlisted for a UK Guild of Health Writers’ award. It is up against three items from BBC network news and a programme from BBC Radio 4 in the Best Broadcast Programme category.

If anyone would like to see the programme I have it on my blog. It's in two parts and is about 24 minutes long.

http://greglewisinfo.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/living-with-dementia-on-you-tube/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95